Buying Plants At The Store

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Wal mart have min roses on sale today but some one didn't know a roses from azaleas, but for $3.95 for a quart pot I pick up one just for the fun of it. But as a rule I won't buy from any big box store.

Reaction score
I have noticed that most plants that are sold at stores look so sad, the employees at that kind of stores most of the time have no idea what the heck is going on.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I prefer buying from nurseries. The plants are fresh and vigorous. They get more attention. I think it is also good to boost small businesses. Plants in big box stores are sold more like a side hustle. They can concentrate on other wares and leave plants to nursery owners.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius That made me laugh so hard! Wow....just wow. I didn't know about all the pesticides and really human bones? Is that legal? I think I will look at a local nursery rather than WalMart then. I just feel bad, the plants look so sad. Wish they would take better care of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Today we are leaving for a trip to the beach resort. Along the way, there are vendors of flowers. As I had posted in another thread, I bought cosmos in pots that died a few days after due to the frequent rains. It was not cheap though although the plant looked very healthy. Now I have this lesson of not buying plants unless I know how to care for that particular plant. Maybe I have to do a research first.

Ask a Question