Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Rosy, you are being so practical, and enthusiastic!(y)

We have seen people buy a small farm, jump into all sorts of projects, tire themselves out and deplete their bank accounts, and then give up. You are not going to be one of them.

I am looking forward to hearing of your progress (and it will be progress!) and adventures. Having a small farm is an adventure, believe me!

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's so great! I grew up on a farm and I miss it sometimes. At this moment I am renting an apartment. Someday I would love to live in the country again.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my gosh Zigs, I was actually just looking at this book on Amazon the other night and have added it to my shopping cart! I am going to need to do a lot of reading and research during the first year of having this farm, that is for sure.

I don't recommend things often, so if I do, you know it's a good one (y)

There's some good series on re creating old farming methods on you tube, not sure if they'll be available over there though, try this one to see :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The video worked, how wonderful. I am so excited about this move. I am just hoping nothing goes wrong between now and closing. I have had to sign so many papers in the last week and a half.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one Rosy :)

Others in the series are :

Tudor monastery farm

Wartime Farm

All worth a look :)

Keeping them crossed that all goes smoothly (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Less than a month to go until our closing date and it is going to be the longest wait of my LIFE!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Rosy, the time will pass, if slowly! I can hardly wait to see photos of your farm and what you do with it. As Chuck said, we really, really want to know where your farm is (zone, state). If you need ideas or advice, knowing where you are would be a great help.
There are going to be congratulations, advice, envy, and general joy all around when you move in!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Congratulations Rosyrain. Very exciting for you. Your enthusiasm is quite contagious.:):):). You are obviously going to be kept very busy with loads of research , decisions to make and put into action . Good luck and I'd love to see some photos as you ride through your new adventure.(y)

Ask a Question