Butterfly garden

Reaction score
Do you have a garden that is designed to attract butterflies bees and humming birds? I would love to have one.. I have a few plants which are very attractive to butterflies... but I am yet to get some gorgeous butterflies to visit me..
Phlox
Marigolds,
Cosmos
Pentas
daisy
etc,,
I am planning to add more to this list which will grow locally.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, I love butterflies, they look like flying flowers, they're like alive decoration of every garden. I don't have any special flowers in my garden (or at least I don't I have:p ) but still, butterflies are visiting me often. Maybe if I'll plant flowers that attract them, I'll have even more of them flying around:D . Butterflies are the most beautiful, aren't they?:D

beautiful_butterfly_on_a_pink_flower_1400x1050.jpg

Reaction score
Yes, a butterfly garden would be heaven. I don't have anything growing yet and this sounds like a good way to go. I just read an article on dill, which is not only a tasty herb, but it is attractive for our winged insect friends.

Reaction score
Yes, a butterfly garden would be heaven. I don't have anything growing yet and this sounds like a good way to go. I just read an article on dill, which is not only a tasty herb, but it is attractive for our winged insect friends.
OH really, I didn't know it was my dill which attracted the butterflies. I thought it was the pentas.. or maybe they are a great combination together.
I love dill on my meats.. it smells and tastes awesome and the plant itself is a dreamy looking one.. I love this amazing plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't use dill in my kitchen but I like how the plant itself looks - it's like little, green, openwork umbrellas - so pretty. I'll plant it next spring. I want more butterflies:D

Reaction score
Asters, day lilies,, daisies attract a lot of butterflies.. So I am going to get some more of those for my eastern windows... They look rather colorful and pretty .. and bloom through the year in this part of the world.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maybe daisies are the reason why butterflies like my garden so much. I really have a lot of daisies, I didn't plant them, they just grow in the grass. They're very small but also very pretty - I love delicate flowers. And I love them even more if they attract butterflies:D

357596372_2ca4f796e5.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I love daisies. My grandmother used to have a bed of them growing in the back yard. I started saving seeds from them, but I don't remember if I ever grew any.

I don't use dill in my kitchen either; I do have parsley growing though and I plan to set on of my plants outside primarily for attracting butterflies.

I'd like to get some milkweed for the monarchs. It would be nice to have a butterfly garden driveway at the beginning of the driveway.

Reaction score
I love daisies. My grandmother used to have a bed of them growing in the back yard. I started saving seeds from them, but I don't remember if I ever grew any.

I don't use dill in my kitchen either; I do have parsley growing though and I plan to set on of my plants outside primarily for attracting butterflies.

I'd like to get some milkweed for the monarchs. It would be nice to have a butterfly garden driveway at the beginning of the driveway.
That would be awesome, wouldn't it? What a pleasant sight it would be for those who enter your home...
It would be the most colorful and beautiful place.. with butterflies adding to the effect...I wish my orchids could draw some butterflies to them.. those they are in bloom all the time they hardly attract any butterflies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland

Daisies don't need anything special to grow beautifully. I don't do anything with these which grow in my garden, I don't even water them. They grow on their own and they look lovely:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
You ladies have inspired me to dig around and find my flower seeds. In fact, while I'm at my mom's I may have another look through her seeds. I just have to go and get a board to make a shelf under the window ledge to accommodate all the new stuff!

Ask a Question