Metamorphosis of a butterfly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
For @MaryMary , as well as for those who love butterflies too. :)

On this video, the birth of my fifth and last butterfly. I thought that it would not appear ... I was holding a Chrysalis in my hand and I thought, throw it away or not? Because other butterflies have long been born.
But at that moment the Chrysalis started to move in my palm. I managed to get it back and make a movie on the phone.

It's wonderful - every evening I feed the butterflies with syrup!

The name of the music is "Shalom", ( performer of Existence)
Shalom is an ancient word that was borrowed from the Hebrew language. It has several interpretations and can mean peace between nations and peace in the family. The use of this word occurs at the greeting and farewell and the desire for peace.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very beautiful and thank you for the speed of x2. Metamorphosis is amazing! Very beautiful butterflies, different shapes and different colours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Thank you, @alp! For me, this is especially valuable, because in nature butterflies are much more modest here. Fortunately, in Moscow there are also greenhouses with tropical butterflies. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I love them too, Larisa. Some of them are HUGE, with iridescent colour such as electric blue. I love one which is like a transparent brolly, all the wings are transparent with black pattern. Unbelievably beautiful. Evolution is an amazing thing.. Every time we went to Whipsnade zoo, we ooooed and aaaaed inside the butterfly corner.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
enjoyed watching @Larisa That was a Vary special moment you got on camera. I think you just help a few butterflys & things like this Help Consevation of theses Beauties:)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Very cool! I raise a handful of Monarch butterflies every year. It's a fun process to watch. I'm not sure how many I've released in total. I'd guess around 30 since 2014. Some people go a little crazy with it and raise hundreds every year.

IMG_3834 copy.jpg IMG_3855 copy.jpg IMG_4052 copy.jpg IMG_4075 copy.jpg IMG_4076 copy.jpg IMG_4079 copy.jpg IMG_4081 copy.jpg

IMG_6252 copy.jpg IMG_1222 copy.jpg IMG_1347 copy.jpg IMG_1349 copy.jpg IMG_6440 copy.jpg IMG_2153 copy.jpg IMG_1375 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@JBtheExplorer
It's like a butterfly farm! Very interesting process!
I just now realized how fascinating it is!

@MaryMary It's good that I turned off the sound! My cat is also happy. Now he has new entertainment - to make attempts to enter the room where butterflies fly. :rolleyes:
But no one lets him there ... :sneaky:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How incredible! It's so beautiful to see things like this, thanks for sharing your video with us :)

Ask a Question