Butterflies in your yard when every you like

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
FDU5ELGFPWWRF6Z.MEDIUM.jpg

I saw these butterflies and thought what a great idea to add color and interest to the garden.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Bottle-Butterflies/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love this guide, thank you for sharing it!:D I'll make a few butterflies like this and I'll use them to decorate my miniature roses:D I have a lot of plastic bottles.

Reaction score
Think this is a lovely idea Pat - especially as I love butterflies and these are so easy to make and there are so many different things you can with butterflies in the garden - like pop a few into potted plants, attach some to fences or walls to add life, decorate plain plant pots or brighten up a dull corner of the garden by adding a butterfly drift like this

butterflies 1.jpg

butterflies-decorations-2.jpg

or add a bit of color to a non flowering plant

butterflies.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Zigs, you aren't scared of butterflies, are you?:LOL::p
Gata Montes, these tiny butterflies look more than lovely! Mine will be tiny too, in my opinion they look the prettiest when they're small:)

Reaction score
claudine - I love seeing all kinds of butterflies in the garden - real or artificial but have to agree with you the small ones look really pretty when placed in what I call - a butterfly drift - like those in the second picture down - and as you need quite a lot of butterflies to make one of those drifts - think that you are going to be kept quite busy whilst making yours - and would love to see a picture when you've finished - as am sure you will make it look very pretty :)

Haha - am doing the same as you - as that little smiley being chased by a butterfly - is definitely saying to me that Zigs - must have a fear of butterflies and has been chased by them - on more than one occasion :giggle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gata montes - thank you, but don't expect too much, I'm terrible at painting:p. Butterfly wings seem like something rather complicated;)

Maybe I should start with something easier, look at these cute, paper butterflies:

diy-paper-butterflies-garden-party.jpg

I could decorate flower pots with them:)

Reaction score
claudine - Even though I have to agree with you butterfly wings can sometimes be a little complicated in terms of markings - am still sure that yours will look very pretty - especially as there are so many different kinds of butterflies - that you could almost make up your own unique designs - with the aid of a few cans of spray paint :D

I used to sometimes paint butterflies onto some of my plant pots - but think decorating pots with ones that you had made yourself is a really neat idea - and once you had mastered the art of marking some exquisite butterflies - you could move on this

Wall mounted butterfly pots - which I think are a lovely idea

butterflies (2).jpg

butterfly wall pot.jpg

butterfly wall pots 1.png

Reaction score
Omg! What a beautiful idea! I had the chance to take some pics while I was in Amsterdam. I went to a butterfly ''park''. I will upload them later.

As for this guide, I really love the purple butterflies :) I might try that in the future.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gata montes - these butterfly flower pots look really nice, they're so colorful! :)
Trellum - a butterfly ''park'' sounds very interesting! What is it exactly? Is it a place where lots and lots butterlies live?:D

Reaction score
I love some of these pics! I saw some butterflies kind of like the ones in the top picture at Family Dollar. They also had some cute gecko decorations that go on the wall or fence.

Reaction score
This is a great way to bring some bling to our gardens...this is something i know my kids and i are going to enjoy doing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Cute ideas! The butterfly planters are great for a patio, especially if you live somewhere that doesn't have a variety of them in nature or where the season is short. It's warm here compared to other parts of the country so even though it is December we are still seeing butterflies.

Ask a Question