Bush or weed?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes, back home they are wild flowers along the roadside and it was hot, humid in summer 36C easily .. Don't worry, about it being in a shady area as granted the right humidity, they self seed and I have always noticed that plants have legs and will self seed in a kind of mini explosion in areas suitable for them. My cerinthes have already WALKED to their favourite spots and the alstroemerias gone back to the kerb stones, AGAIN! Much to my annoyance as growing there will enable even old respectable-looking ladies to pinch your seeds.. :eek::eek::cry:

I'm really not worried about the shade killing it, in fact it would be a small favor if it did as I'm still just not crazy about it. The little flowers are pretty but the rest of it looks like a weed to me. If it pops up anywhere else I will certainly remove it, but I have not seen any evidence of that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's lantana it grows like crazy in heat and sunlight also drought tolerant.
In our 40°+ summer temp with 0 rainfall they are invasive weeds.....

I think I'm with you on the weed diagnosis. But for now it stays. Perhaps next spring I will replace them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If it has little thorns or pricks as Sheal says, then it is lantana.. I wasn't very keen on them either, but some people here in the UK like them. .. as they attract butterflies

Ask a Question