Bugs on orange tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
My orange tree has been getting bugs very recently, if you know any of these bugs, tell me and if possible include a way to get rid of them please tell me. I have only identified one bug (grasshopper). Along with spots on the tree.
orange tree.jpg
orange tree bug.jpg
orange tree bug 2.jpg
orange tree bug 3.jpg
orange tree bug 4.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My orange tree has been getting bugs very recently, if you know any of these bugs, tell me and if possible include a way to get rid of them please tell me. I have only identified one bug (grasshopper). Along with spots on the tree.View attachment 80552View attachment 80553View attachment 80554View attachment 80555View attachment 80556
I can only tell for sure what one of them is as the rest are not in focus or are not in a revealing position to ID. The blue and red bug is a sharpshooter leafhopper. This is a harmful insect as it sucks the juices out of a plant and is a vector for disease. I know of no organic remedies except Neem Oil sprayed in early spring before the adults emerge. The other bugs, besides the green grasshopper, are, I think, a psyllid insect and a green shield bug or stinkbug. You can control a psyllid with Neem Oil and the stinkbug with a spinosad based insecticide with direct contact.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can only tell for sure what one of them is as the rest are not in focus or are not in a revealing position to ID. The blue and red bug is a sharpshooter leafhopper. This is a harmful insect as it sucks the juices out of a plant and is a vector for disease. I know of no organic remedies except Neem Oil sprayed in early spring before the adults emerge. The other bugs, besides the green grasshopper, are, I think, a psyllid insect and a green shield bug or stinkbug. You can control a psyllid with Neem Oil and the stinkbug with a spinosad based insecticide with direct contact.
Ok thank you for the information. My iPad doesn't have a good camera, sorry about that.

Ask a Question