Blue Berry Bush

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8B
Country
United States
My daughter bought a small blue berry bush in a pot. When it was down to a few leaves she gave it to me to see if I could save it. I do not know much about blue berry plants. I planted it and it put on a number of new leaves but the color does not look right. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion. I thought it might be low iron.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My daughter bought a small blue berry bush in a pot. When it was down to a few leaves she gave it to me to see if I could save it. I do not know much about blue berry plants. I planted it and it put on a number of new leaves but the color does not look right. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion. I thought it might be low iron.
If your soil isn't acidic your plant will die. Transfer to a container of peat moss.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
do you know how to attach a picture to the post. The the plant is putting on new leaves but the leaves have a lot of yellow color to them
Click upload a file. Go to pictures. Click on the desired pic and open. Yellowing of leaves could be lack of iron, nitrogen, wrong Ph of the soil, many things. If the soil isn't acidic it will yellow. You must know your soils Ph.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Gary Marugg welcome to the forum! If you follow Chuck's advice you should be able to upload a picture to your post, but if you have any problems with it let me know and I'll do my best to help (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8B
Country
United States
Attached picture of my blue berry bush. I appreciate the help

Attachments

• 18386686_1381502605221837_1553133866_n.jpg
    18386686_1381502605221837_1553133866_n.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 245
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Attached picture of my blue berry bush. I appreciate the help
Classic iron choloris caused by alkaline soils. The give away is the purpleing of the leaves and yellowing. You will never be able to maintain that plant in the ground, no matter how much sulphur you use. Dig it up and plant it in a large container of 1/2 peat and 1/2 potting mix, well mixed up. About once a month pour a cup of household vinegar mixed with a gallon of water over the soil.
BTW if you will fix your profile by letting us know where you live and your hardiness zone it will make things a lot easier to help you.

Ask a Question