Blimey its quiet iin here today

Reaction score
Don't know what its like over there, but in the uk judges nearly always award custody to the Mother, even if the bloke has got everything and the Mum hasn't.

Wish I could help out but ex hasn't paid me a penny of the maintenance she agreed to.

Pm me a link to your fundraising page & i'll see where I can spread it to :)

Thank you for taking a look, Zigs. I PMd you the link to my fundraising page. I appreciate the encouraging words.

Reaction score
That's just awful, ACSAPA. My ex didn't even want to live in the same town as his kids, so I didn't have that kind of worry. But I also think the laws in Canada are different than the one's in the USA. Here, they won't remove the child from the parent with custody unless there is a real danger to the child, or the non-custodial parent can prove that it is in the child's best interest to change custody. Usually, affording luxuries like iPhones isn't enough of a reason, and disrupting a child by making them leave their school, etc. is considered a serious deterrent. Also, I'm not sure how old your daughter is, but they also take the child's preference into account. Good luck, I hope you can raise the money for your security deposit in time!

Thank you for the encouragement. My ex wasn't super aggressive about getting the kid and was fine with just seeing her frequently. But his new fiancee can't have children, so she wants to raise my kid with him. That's who is egging him on and making things more difficult for me right now.

I feel very vulnerable right now because our homes and finances are very unequal. If I'm able to raise the security deposit in time, that'll put us on a more even footing and he won't be able to say that I have her living in a bad apartment.

You guys know how much I hate this place. I never thought it would be used against me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the encouragement. My ex wasn't super aggressive about getting the kid and was fine with just seeing her frequently. But his new fiancee can't have children, so she wants to raise my kid with him. That's who is egging him on and making things more difficult for me right now.

I feel very vulnerable right now because our homes and finances are very unequal. If I'm able to raise the security deposit in time, that'll put us on a more even footing and he won't be able to say that I have her living in a bad apartment.

You guys know how much I hate this place. I never thought it would be used against me.

That's awful! She can't have children so she thinks the best course of action is to take a girl away from the mother she loves so that she can play at mothering her??! That's disgusting behaviour, she should be ashamed of herself.

I wish you all the best with the fund raising - please send me the link :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
P.S. Please feel free to share the link here!

Reaction score
She's lovely isn't she. Been hanging around for weeks, first time she's sat still enough to get a pic :)

Cool :) welcome back.

Normally moths seem creepy to me and I look away. I had to stare at yours though. It might be my eyes but it looks like it has a Gucci or Chanel logo near its rear. Glad she stood still for the photo.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Normally moths seem creepy to me and I look away. I had to stare at yours though. It might be my eyes but it looks like it has a Gucci or Chanel logo near its rear. Glad she stood still for the photo.

Ta, had another one that didn't mind its pic being taken,

Reaction score
Thanks for another picture. Those little orange spots on this one, like a psychologhical test again, the bottom looks like a Christmas tree and the top one a lolli pop. Well I am starting to think you are the "moth whisperer".

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't mind a moth usually, except for a few weeks ago when I got hit in the Eye by a Large Red Underwing Moth :D

Reaction score
P.S. Please feel free to share the link here!

Thanks, Becky. It is: http://gogetfunding.com/project/please-help-us-stay-together

I was reluctant to do crowdfunding but it seems like more and more people are launching personal campaigns for goals or plights and the security deposit situation went from a goal to a plight the moment my ex decided to try and use my crappy apartment against me for child custody.
Just because he has a nicer home doesn't mean he loves my daughter more, or that he's a better parent. I'm absolutely certain that I love her more than anyone on Earth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I've been a bit absent recently, I picked up a virus that wouldn't shift! For some reason I was really exhausted and found it difficult to look at screens - all better now though! :)

Lots to catch up on now! :D

Ask a Question