Blimey its quiet iin here today

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose everyone's off enjoying the last of the summer hols.

Here's a moth that was on my door earlier, just to get us going again :)
DSCF0004.JPG

Reaction score
I have actually had a couple busy days with the kids back in school and there has been some craziness with it all! After all the running around to buy the huge list of things they needed for school over the weekend, they come home with more things they need! But anyway, that is where I have been.

Beautiful moth, some moths are just so cool :)

Reaction score
I've been having landlord problems again so I actually spoke to the management of the building I want to move into and found out how much of a deposit I need.
I've been hard at work to come up with the money. That moth is beautiful.

Reaction score
The moth is quite lovely, and I'm not a fan of moths.

I was at work, then out for lunch and running around with my two teenage kids. My daughter found out she got accepted into college on Friday (she was on the wait-list for her program) so we have been scrambling to get everything in order, paying fees, getting her time-table, photo ID, books etc.

She is taking a two-year horticultural industries program - that's my girl!! :D

Reaction score
I've been having landlord problems again so I actually spoke to the management of the building I want to move into and found out how much of a deposit I need.
I've been hard at work to come up with the money. That moth is beautiful.
I hope you are able to get a rental in that building! Good luck!

Reaction score
I hope you are able to get a rental in that building! Good luck!

Thank you CrazyPlantLady. I feel bad that I complain to you guys so much about my apartment but when you hate coming home to a bad rental, it affects so many aspects of your life.
Even my gardening is affected because sometimes I get so preoccupied that I forget to water my plants.
I appreciate your good wishes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Nice moth, Zigs. I'm not a big fan of moths either, Plant Lady. Though some are quite pretty, they can also be quite destructive. They are a real pain in the garden too, when you're trying to grow edible plants.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta

Good luck with the move Acsapa

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a beautiful moth zigs!

I've been away visiting family, I'll put some pictures up in a sec.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
She's lovely isn't she. Been hanging around for weeks, first time she's sat still enough to get a pic :)

Cool :) welcome back.

Reaction score
Ta

Good luck with the move Acsapa

That's a cute smiley.

The moving thing just got more worrisome and urgent.
My ex wants custody of my daughter and he plans to use this apartment which I have hated for years as proof that I can't provide a nice environment for my daughter. I need to move, fast.

So I broke down and started a fundraising page to try and crowdfund the security deposit one $1 donation at a time and I'm doing a piece of artwork for people who donate. I have been trying to come up with this security deposit for years. But now that I could actually lose my kid because of this place,
forget pride, crowdfunding it is.

I started the campaign yesterday and I have 5% of the security deposit funded.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh blimey, not good.

My ex didn't want custody of my Daughter, She didn't want to live with her mum either.

What does your Daughter want? As thats a very important thing when it comes to custody.

Good luck with raising the money. Have you tried doing online surveys? Takes a bit of time, but if you do enough different ones the money builds up, I cashed in 2 lots of £40 last week, will hit £15 on another one next week and have 2 £10 vouchers on their way too.

Reaction score
Oh blimey, not good.

My ex didn't want custody of my Daughter, She didn't want to live with her mum either.

What does your Daughter want? As thats a very important thing when it comes to custody.

Good luck with raising the money. Have you tried doing online surveys? Takes a bit of time, but if you do enough different ones the money builds up, I cashed in 2 lots of £40 last week, will hit £15 on another one next week and have 2 £10 vouchers on their way too.

My daughter wants to live with me. We love each other.
If I got evicted, she would live under a bridge just to be with me.

But my ex actually has a house. So unless I move to a nicer apartment quickly, I don't have much of a chance against him.

I actually do the online surveys thing , and sell my art on eBay and cut grass and babysit, and have a couple of other part time jobs. I work more hours in a day than most people. I make enough money to pay rent and bills, it's the initial security deposit that it costs to move to a new place that has been giving me trouble all these years.

I was thought I had more time to work and slowly earn the money,
but with this new twist with my ex, I decided to forget pride and set up the fundraising web page. It's like a modern version of when my old job passed around a jar to collect money for a coworker of mine who got seriously sick.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know what its like over there, but in the uk judges nearly always award custody to the Mother, even if the bloke has got everything and the Mum hasn't.

Wish I could help out but ex hasn't paid me a penny of the maintenance she agreed to.

Pm me a link to your fundraising page & i'll see where I can spread it to :)

Reaction score
That's just awful, ACSAPA. My ex didn't even want to live in the same town as his kids, so I didn't have that kind of worry. But I also think the laws in Canada are different than the one's in the USA. Here, they won't remove the child from the parent with custody unless there is a real danger to the child, or the non-custodial parent can prove that it is in the child's best interest to change custody. Usually, affording luxuries like iPhones isn't enough of a reason, and disrupting a child by making them leave their school, etc. is considered a serious deterrent. Also, I'm not sure how old your daughter is, but they also take the child's preference into account. Good luck, I hope you can raise the money for your security deposit in time!

Ask a Question