9a
Country
United Kingdom
Has got into the greenhouse :(

Cut back everything to give the last few toms a chance

DSCI0001.JPG

DSCI0006.JPG

DSCI0007.JPG

It's not hit the ones on the bench so far :)

DSCI0001 (1).JPG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no :(. We need a "dislike" button for this. Fingers crossed that nips it in the bud for the remaining ones.

The cacti are looking good though!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no :(. We need a "dislike" button for this. Fingers crossed that nips it in the bud for the remaining ones.

The cacti are looking good though!

Don't get one of those, we just removed it from the other forum, folk were using it as a virtual weapon :eek: :D

Ta :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:( Good luck, zigs. :unsure:

(n) (-> This is my "Dislike" button. ;).)

Ta Mary :)

Not too worried, still got plenty to trench thru in the van

DSCI0001 (2).JPG

Gonna pick off all the ripe cherry toms in a bit and put them in the decimator, weather forecast is high pressure for the next few days so should be enough sun to dry them (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Salt water will ripen them quicker, as it quickly droughts the plants:

Salt-water treatment has been consistently shown to speed tomato ripening in scientific trials. This involves diluting 60g of sea salt into three litres of water and drenching the mixture over the soil once or twice as the tomatoes are ripening, being careful not to wet the leaves. This reduces the plant’s ability to uptake water, mimicking a drought.

The plants react to the stress by speeding up their ripening, but also producing more sugars and aroma compounds that can improve flavour. As the plants are mildly dehydrated, too, this concentrates the fruit even further, with delicious results. At this concentration and application rate, there is no risk of salt accumulating in your soil – in a few weeks it will be washed away by rain. Good luck!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try that Bees (y)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'll try that Bees (y)

Please post the results!! I'm not doubting headfullofbees, but I'd like to know how many days it takes, what "flavor change" you notice, any other incidental details... :cool:

I agree with @zigs...no dislike button, but we could use, in addition to to the "like" button, a "really like" button. I often think of this.

(y) I often wish I could like it twice, too! Do you see it as adding another "like" to their likes? Or a completely different category of "2X likes" ??

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Quite keen on getting these San Marzano ripened, they're the only ones allowed on a genuine Neapolitan Pizza.

DSCI0001 (4).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@MaryMary i like the idea of being able to give 2 likes, but the person being liked twice wouldn't be aware of it unless they are giving close attention to their like account. I personally like the idea of a "really like" because it is less about the numbers and more about showing special appreciation. So, someone could see that they have 3 really likes and think "o that's nice." Not everyone will agree with me though. I know one thing, we have really screwed up the blight thread:oops:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Wanna see my blighted plums? :D

Is it just me, or does that sound slightly indecent? o_O :ROFLMAO:

I know one thing, we have really screwed up the blight thread:oops:

This is true. :( zigs, I offer you my sincere apology for going off topic in your thread. :oops:

:sneaky: On the other hand, that is one of the things I really like about this forum. We can have a little side-chatter and there are no heavy-handed mods and admins shouting about it. :eek: (As long as we don't run off talking about puppies and rainbows and glitter, it's just harmless conversation amongst friends! :cool:.)

Ask a Question