Is this blight or black spot?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
I have some morning glory vines growing in my room under some grow lights. I noticed some leaves would get some spots, yellow, then fall off. It appears that it's also affecting some mint growing in there too. I posted a picture, is this blight? If so, how would I stop it from killing the entire plant? Thank you!

Attachments

• 5fCmzbs.jpg
    5fCmzbs.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 255
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi. :)

If it is blight, it's in the soil so there's no easy fix.

Both mint and morning glory are hardy plants and don't need much water. I suspect yours are being watered too frequently, it's ok for the soil to get completely dry.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. :)

If it is blight, it's in the soil so there's no easy fix.

Both mint and morning glory are hardy plants and don't need much water. I suspect yours are being watered too frequently, it's ok for the soil to get completely dry.
Thank you so much for your reply! That's the thing; I barely water them, the last time I watered my morning glory was probably like a month ago? I cant even remember that, probably even longer.

Not to say that I under water either!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well so much for that theory! Not overwatering, then. Do they get enough light?

My experience with morning glories and mint are as outdoor plants that basically need zero care to thrive and come back healthy every spring. I expect they need more attention indoors. Plants need light, nutrients and water, so the culprit is going to be an imbalance of one of those elements...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well so much for that theory! Not overwatering, then. Do they get enough light?

My experience with morning glories and mint are as outdoor plants that basically need zero care to thrive and come back healthy every spring. I expect they need more attention indoors. Plants need light, nutrients and water, so the culprit is going to be an imbalance of one of those elements...
They are getting enough light, They were grown from seed and the seedlings did not show ANY signs of stretching, and looked perfect! Also I regularly feed them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's a picture of one the leaves I snipped off earlier.

Attachments

• qxVO8Fo.jpg
    qxVO8Fo.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 237

Ask a Question