Black stalk new growing

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
So i planted sunflower seeds two months ago , and i repot them because i planted 4 seeds in one pot so i had to separate them .
Ita been two weeks since i did it and now i notce that one of the plant have black stalk . And he grow really slow or even now at all since i repot him.. is he dying? How can i recover him ? ill mention that he stayed in the same pot but i had to take him out so i could separate the other plants roots from him .

Attachments

• IMG_20221122_140209.jpg
    IMG_20221122_140209.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20221122_140206.jpg
    IMG_20221122_140206.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20221122_140159.jpg
    IMG_20221122_140159.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It looks fairly all right. When doing things to plants sets them back, doing more things usually sets them back further.
The best things for it are a little warmth, sunlight and moisture, nothing in excess. Mind you they are sunflowers, so you probably can't overdo the sunshine.
Good luck, but I think it is pretty much in the lap of the Gods, let's hope they are smiling :)

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Thanks for the replay.
And i have one more question if you may..
Some home when i always water my plants the ground is getting dry very quick i find myself water them almost everyday ..it isnt too much for them ?

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
It looks fairly all right. When doing things to plants sets them back, doing more things usually sets them back further.
The best things for it are a little warmth, sunlight and moisture, nothing in excess. Mind you they are sunflowers, so you probably can't overdo the sunshine.
Good luck, but I think it is pretty much in the lap of the Gods, let's hope they are smiling :)
Thanks for the replay.
And i have one more question if you may..
Some home when i always water my plants the ground is getting dry very quick i find myself water them almost everyday ..it isnt too much for them ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have drainage holes in the bottom of the container? If not you might get a build up of water in the bottom, but if you do surplus water will drain out into the saucer, so it won't matter too much.

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Do you have drainage holes in the bottom of the container? If not you might get a build up of water in the bottom, but if you do surplus water will drain out into the saucer, so it won't matter too much.
Yes i do , so i dont need to water them more themn i usually do ?
And how long do you recommend to water the plants ( where i live the temp is usually 16-23c for this season ) .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, life got in the way for a bit. How are they doing? Farmers grow sunflowers by the field full, they are pretty sturdy plants.

By the way, do you intend planting them out? I ask because sunflower roots produce a chemical that makes it difficult to grow other plants for a while afterwards.

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
All goods .. um not really i guess i just will repot them to a bigger conrainer when they will get bigger.
And he looks ok he havent died , but in some plants some leaves gets dry for some reason (it happenes to the most closest leaves to the roots) i do water them once or two a week~)

Ask a Question