Black Velvet Alocasia, Needs some help!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there! I recently got into the indoor plant hobby. I have quite a few thriving plants that I purchased all at the Same time. All have been doing great- except- my favorite.
My black velvet alocasia.

I have all of my plants all together in the same area, near a large window, while near a humidifier that I usually run once a day for many hours for both my ball pythons enclosure and the plants.

I bought this pretty black velvet alocasia and it was actually quite large. It did really well for a period of time, before yellowing.

I recently repotted all my plants about 3 weeks ago as they were all thriving and needed a one-size upgrade. Since my alocasia wasn’t doing too well from what I was seeing I decided it was time to look at the roots and make sure I didn’t see any root rot.
When taking the plant apart I decided to seperate the plant as it actually could be broken down into 3 seperate plants.
One of the bundles had been originally the portion that seemed not be doing well (was yellowing, with the leaves dying off.)

With that potion in its own pot, seperate, I have been monitoring it for the past few weeks, and it dropped another leaf. I let this leave die off until fully yellow and crispy before snipping it closer to the base, but above the soil.
This is what the remainder of this pot currently looks like -
74C37043-BA11-46B0-A673-B9F5A0B6CC11.jpeg

Again- no root rot was found on any portions of the plant. I do fertilize minimally with I believe it’s Max Sea.

The other pots of the seperate plants currently look like this -
F393BF0F-89B5-4CD1-BE10-D6CA5167BEDD.jpegA668322B-F284-448A-8DE4-D915673EFB83.jpeg4530228D-F60F-4DA3-BB01-4B6A15807364.jpeg

The last water - I did not fertilize
I have not re-watered since the soil is still damp

The soil seems compact and with it getting colder the soil is drying slower.

All of my other plants seem to be doing great. This is my first time owning an alocasia, but they seem to be my favorite and this plant was doing so well here for the first month after I bought it. I would be really sad to fail this plant.

If anyone could please give me some advice, that would be great.
The soil is a mixture of perlite, sphagnum moss, and Indoor tropical planting mix ( I ran out unfortunately so I can’t remember the brand)

If there is a better recommendation for this plant I am willing to try it out.

Thank you so much,
Cassidy

Ask a Question