Bird scarer

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Pinwheels sound like a great idea. In spring when I will be trying to fix up bare patches of grass I will give it a go. Thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
(lol). I have gone all out to create an atmosphere to attract birds I have several fruit trees, lush greenery and a birdbath. I can never thik of chasing birds away

I have several video clips recording birds that visit us and here is a clip of Double Racket Tailed Drongo having fun at the birdbath. It makes many sounds at one sitting. It also chirps like a cat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think the noise will hurt the cat. We use one of these devices in the warehouse at my work because there is a pigeon problem. You will hear a clicking noise coming from it at the beginning, but then your mind will drown out the sound and you will not hear it any longer. It is not supposed to be harmful to any life, the birds just don't like the sound so they will stay away.
Brilliant thank you, I will look for one as at the moment I am the resident bird scarer which is a bit hilarious to watch!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It sounds silly, and the neighbors will laugh, but those bright colored pinwheels sold as children's toys work. Just stick them in the ground or tie them to a stake and let the wind make them move. They are cheap, rather decorative if you are lacking in esthetics, and keep the birds away until your seeds have a chance to germinate.
Whoever put that bib on the cat in the picture is in for BIG trouble.
That's a really good idea! Thank you, I will definitely give them a try, they will not be too expensive either, thanks again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I love to watch birds interact in nature, but I do not enjoy it when they are invading my plants. We have a lot of crows around here and they get into everything. I had to chase some off the other day as they got into my neighbors garbage can and we're making a trash mess everywhere.

There was one time when I crow flew over my car when I was parked at a stoplight and dropped a wrapped granola bar on my windshield. It scared the heck out of me because I actually thought someone threw the bar at my car, but there were only crows around.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
W
I love to watch birds interact in nature, but I do not enjoy it when they are invading my plants. We have a lot of crows around here and they get into everything. I had to chase some off the other day as they got into my neighbors garbage can and we're making a trash mess everywhere.

There was one time when I crow flew over my car when I was parked at a stoplight and dropped a wrapped granola bar on my windshield. It scared the heck out of me because I actually thought someone threw the bar at my car, but there were only crows around.
Wow that was really weird! I love watching the birds too but the ones I seem to be seeing at the moment ain't movin much! Wow they sound like very brave crows!

Ask a Question