Bird of paradise potential disease

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've attached images of the underside of one of the leaves on my bird of paradise. I noticed these white spots with a dark outline and thought they looked like a fungal infection. Can anyone confirm or deny? If it is anything to worry about is there something I can do to treat the plant? I have grown this from seed over the past 3 years so it would be a shame if it were irreparable.
The spots are localised to this leaf alone, I've not known about it long enough to determine if it has been getting worse over time.

Thanks in advance
MVIMG_20200415_141731.jpg
MVIMG_20200415_142751.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see anything that would be a problem, the broken leaf is mechanical damage. If you bend the leaf and feel it crack you may not notice it for a while. After about 7 to 10 days the crack shows up in breaks like yours in the photo. I like to use neem spray when I have any kind of bug on my plants. However I haven't had to use any neem in a long time. I think you are OK Good luck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply, I wasn't too worried about the crack, I've come to learn the leaves just decide to break near the top as they elongate. But it's good to know the spots might not be a big deal.

Ask a Question