Bird Identification Help...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
The sale of these birdhouses finances the rescue house. They aren’t trying to compete with Walmart, they are trying to save injured and misplaced birds.

Also notice that if you pick up the birdhouse at their rescue facility the price is only $10.
If there is a local rescue facility I will go and buy one there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Getting some birdhouses is my next step, I'll check out that link...

The most vocal bird in my area this time of year is the Carolina Wren.

This is what it sounds like, only much louder -- the video doesn't do justice to the volume these tiny little birds produce. I hear them very clearly in my house, especially in the morning

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We have wrens here also. not sure the type. We call them House Wrens. Many years ago when we were building the addition on, a wren made a nest inside the addition before we had naturally closed it in. And there she sat on her eggs. So we worked around her. The father and her flew in and out. Finally they hatched and then finally the day came for the launch off the nest. By that time we had put windows in but still not the door. So we made sure all the tarp was moved aside and clear avenue for flight was ready. It was so cute, the parents were out on the trees yelling for them, like "this way, this way", The took off, a few landing on the floor, I helped to shoosh them to the right direction. And there they flew out side and up to their parents. Sometime I think its the kids we still see every year coming around our house. We did not have cats at that time, so guess that story is from at least 16 years ago. Humm, that is how old the addition is.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Anyone know what type bird this is? I got it narrowed down to some type of Warbler, but there are a few species that look very similar. He/she loves going thru my yard eating insects -- very tough to get a pic of this fast moving bird thru the brush.
002.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
011.JPG
024.JPG
020.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is this him?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
To me, it looks like its in the Wren family. can you estimate it's size. like size of your palm etc. I have one of those good bird books, I can look later see if its in there.
It may be, when I see a Wren and a Warbler I kind of ask: “What's the difference?” I only settled on warbler, because one description I read of warblers is that they are voracious insectivores and that's all I see this one doing is going thru the brush eating insects. As for the size, it's small, probably slightly smaller than a sparrow. About the size of the Carolina Chickadees that visit my yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Is this him?

That's one of the birds I thought of when I saw its pic, but when you look up google images of it, you see very much different pictures of what it looks like, so if it is a Yellow-breasted Chat, than it's possibly the female. Apparently there are no males around my house?

I've also considered the Tennessee Warbler and the Nashville Warbler, but again, when I look at various pictures they seem so different; some kind of match and other look totally different.

All I can say with certainty is that this bird is in the Passerine Family.

Ask a Question