Biggest success and worst failure of 2018

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Gail - you certainly keep the economy in good shape. Don't feel bad. I bought mine reduced to £1 each and tore the plants apart to make several and now I still have several, but NO PLUMES OF FEATHER!
Trouble is I adored them when I brought them I even covered them with shade netting...both our gardens are sun traps and it's a nightmare but a £1 omg :eek:
Here's what I did to them :cry:

20180727_153636.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ours is a sun trap too....what I like / want is totally different to what I can grow. Trouble is learning this is a hard lesson :LOL::ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Trouble is I adored them when I brought them I even covered them with shade netting...both our gardens are sun traps and it's a nightmare but a £1 omg :eek:
Here's what I did to them :cry:

LOL! :eek::D:D:D:D:D!!!

And I thought I love plants a looooot! Obviously, not a patch on yours! Your hubs must be very jealous!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gail, I love shopping me plants in diy stores and some posh gc's bin corner! There is nothing wrong with them. Had £2 Symphyotrichum x 2 ie. £2.98 flowering beautifully even though I had to store them for a whole year! The 50p aster was cheap skate and they are still flowering. Do your bit for the economy or they will be chucked because of overstocking. I saw a worker dragging a clearance tray to the back. They were even dead, but the store had so many of them, the not so nice ones had to be dumped to keep the price of the rest up! Poor plants. But you can't raid their bins or you will be put in a black maria or a posh police car! Tesco even took a woman to court for raiding their bin! She's wrong, but that's a step too far!

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Your hubs must be very jealous
alp don't think i'm being ignorant but what do you mean by hubs?

You've definitely dropped on some bargains my hubby looks in Aldi's and gives me a bell if he see's anything besides Morrisons, otherwise I pay at the garden centre's...that did tickle me about the woman at Tesco's :LOL:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
alp don't think i'm being ignorant but what do you mean by hubs?

You've definitely dropped on some bargains my hubby looks in Aldi's and gives me a bell if he see's anything besides Morrisons, otherwise I pay at the garden centre's...that did tickle me about the woman at Tesco's :LOL:

Ooops! I saw Upsy using that (or have I remembered the spelling wrongly; she probably uses hub and I probably got muddled as every name is followed by an s, like Robs instead of Robin!) I meant your husband! I'm a bit disorientated! LOL!:LOL:

Aldi sold a flowering white peony for £7.99 last year. I was so mean and dithered and they were gone in no time. And the fuchsias from Morrisons are just fabulous! I even saw Princess Diana clematis selling for no money whilst the same plant asked for £7.99 in other places.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
@Gail_68 You have a lovely garden!
Thanks..here's a full view of it for you but I do miss the centre lawn we had but my dog destroyed it so we added larger gravel there but the garden is bigger than these two pic's.

SDC16908.JPG

20180516_143718.jpg

When it was first being done

SDC13695.JPG

SDC14590.JPG

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Aldi sold a flowering white peony for £7.99 last year. I was so mean and dithered and they were gone in no time. And the fuchsias from Morrisons are just fabulous! I even saw Princess Diana clematis selling for no money whilst the same plant asked for £7.99 in other
No my hubby isn't jealous...he designed the back garden and done it for me but I told him how I wanted the decking but otherwise he hates gardening...I had 3 fuchsias from morrisons had them ages hubby brought them back :whistle::LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
No my hubby isn't jealous...he designed the back garden and done it for me but I told him how I wanted the decking but otherwise he hates gardening...I had 3 fuchsias from morrisons had them ages hubby brought them back :whistle::LOL:
It is totally improper for me to say I am amused by your description of your husbands indulgence of your wishes. But at the same time, I find it all perfect and a thrill.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

Did you see the Monet garden in Around the World in 80 gardens which featured Monet's garden. I think your garden is more interesting that his garden. Love those slabs and please tell your hubby that he has done a good job under the supervision of a good designer! LOL! :D;)

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
It is totally improper for me to say I am amused by your description of your husbands indulgence of your wishes. But at the same time, I find it all perfect and a thrill.
Hello mate...lets put it like this he likes to keep me happy ;) or hell lets loose :ROFLMAO:

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Did you see the Monet garden in Around the World in 80 gardens which featured Monet's garden. I think your garden is more interesting that his garden. Love those slabs and please tell your hubby that he has done a good job under the supervision of a good designer! LOL! :D;)
Well he's an ex-builder and I sort the décor and the poor chap as no choice regarding the home except for DIY :whistle: oh Christ i'm in stitches here :LOL:

Ask a Question