Best flower for your garden

Reaction score
Lily of the Valley
These tiny white flowers grow well in deep shade, emit an enchanting fragrance in late spring and early summer, and brighten up dark corners.

Alpine Forget-Me-Not
Add clouds of color to your garden with a patch of tiny azure-blue flowers. They thrive in dry shade, conditions that can be particularly difficult.

Jacob's Ladder
These bell-shaped, purple perennials adapt well to flower gardens and tolerate both shade and sun.

Solomon's Seal
Gracefully arching stems support clusters of tubular white flowers and long, bright green leaves. A perfect plant for a shady border.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I completely agree about Lily of the Valley and Alpine Forget-Me-Not. They're beautiful plants, I love them, in my opinion they can make every garden look prettier and more interesting.
As for Solomon's Seal, I haven't heard of it before.
It looks lovely:

Polygonatum_variegatum.jpg

Reaction score
I love Jacob's ladder!!! I definitely get some of those in the Netherlands. I have huge plans for my garden once I move there! Thanks for the amazing list of suggestions!

Clau: Thanks for sharing that pic! That plant looks gorgeous! I love the way those white flower look, they look like little white bells :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think we should add roses to this list. I know, they're extremely popular, almost everybody grows them, but it doesn't change the fact that they're exquisite!:) I love them, I'll always have them in my garden.

roze.jpg

Reaction score
I second, Claudine! Roses are amazing! Plus they're not that hard to grow like other delicate plants that seem to resent everything you do :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
And they smell heavenly, don't they?:) If I could grow only one plant, I would choose a white rose. Another great thing about them is that they come in so many lovely colors, everybody can find something for himself:) Some roses are quite delicate though. One of my miniatures lost all its leaves after a transplant:(

Reaction score
Oh yeah, miniatures can be delicate :( But the biggest rose bushes seem so strong... excepting to some some pests, but that's a different story :p At least they're not as picky as those african violets! I don't think I'll ever give them a go, at least not soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh yes, it's not easy to grow african violets, especially if you have too many of them, like my mother:p

Violets are a different story, in my opinion those cute, little plants should grow in every garden. Some people don't appreciate them, because you have to look close at them to notice how pretty they are:

2009-04-15-violets-01.jpg

I'm in love with their scent!:D

Ask a Question