Best commercial composter?

Reaction score
I've been wanting to start composting; I hate wasting the tops of carrots and all those other vegetable scraps that are left over when I'm cooking. I was thinking about making my own composter, but I don't have a lot of outdoor space; I do all my gardening in pots for this very reason. I decided it would probably be easiest to buy one, and that way I don't have to worry about making it improperly and stinking up my neighbor's yard too.

Does anyone know of a nice commercial composter? Not to be too picky but it would be nice if it was on the smaller side. I live alone so I don't produce that much vegetable waste anyway. I was looking around at some on amazon but there were so many choices and I wasn't sure which one would be the best.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Why don't you just make your own? Drill some holes in a storage bin - if you put holes in the bottom you'll get earthworms.

553134_10200127928298652_637009231_n.jpg

Reaction score
I hate to sound too dense lol but how does composting work exactly? Do you put the vegetable scraps (that have decomposed) back into your garden to help with growing?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I hate to sound too dense lol but how does composting work exactly? Do you put the vegetable scraps (that have decomposed) back into your garden to help with growing?

Every living thing eventually breaks down to it's basic components. To the naked eye this looks (and smells) like rotting, especially when it comes to food. When you compost organic material it gets broken down into soil that can be used as plant food. That's the simplest un-scientific answer I can come up with.

It's a bacterial process and there are a few different methods for going about it, but basically it's just recycling.

Ask a Question