Basil with Fusarium Wilt?

Reaction score
Country
United States
After another week, the cuttings are growing just like their mothers did. They are needing water every other day now and are in need of transplanting into larger pots. The mothers are having to be watered every other day in the one gallon pots and could also be transplanted in a larger pot.

So you know the rest of the story and no need to continue with this basil grow. I want to thank you for sparking my interest in growing these basil plants, because I have never grown basil before now. I've only looked briefly at Fusarium Wilt and never took the time to research until now. This has been an exciting adventure and full of FUN for me and I've learned so much and I hope it was fun for you too.

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
In closing I would like to share some of important watering management tasks.

1. Always match the plant size with the size pot, little plant = little pot.
2. Use a 1000 ml measuring cup and measure the amount of water needed to fill the pot without having water discharge. Know how much water is needed to water each plant without flushing out the soil.
3. All indoor plants need dry time between waterings. Keep up with the frequency and timing of the waterings. Write it down each time you water to determine when you should transplant.

The transplanting time is determined by frequency of watering. When a one gallon plants changes from needing water every 7 days to needing water every 2 days. it is the time for a healthy transplant. The same goes for most all container plants. Never transplant a indoor plant that holds water for seven days between waterings. I hope that helps someone, so they can have as much fun as me. I love growing basil now. Thank you.

Ask a Question