Black bits on my potted Greek Basil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone able to tell me what these spots of dark brown are?

I don’t water from top down, I water directly into the soil every other day and it gets a goodly amount of sunlight ☀️

I’ve successfully grown normal basil previously to this and haven’t seen anything like it before - any help/tips would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• 229E2F20-76E7-40D6-AEE1-7A58FF94F6BB.jpeg
    229E2F20-76E7-40D6-AEE1-7A58FF94F6BB.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 149
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is anyone able to tell me what these spots of dark brown are?

I don’t water from top down, I water directly into the soil every other day and it gets a goodly amount of sunlight ☀

I’ve successfully grown normal basil previously to this and haven’t seen anything like it before - any help/tips would be very much appreciated!
A closeup of an infected leaf would be of help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I hope this helps!
From what I can see it appears that these black things are not a disease or fungus but are attached to the stem of the plant. Have you removed one to see what is inside of it? They appear to be eggs or possibly a cacoon. I just can't tell from these pictures. But whatever it is it doesn't belong so I would remove them.

Ask a Question