Basic Vegetable Garden

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
That is a very good idea. Try growing some tropical fruit indoors. I read somewhere that some citrus fruits make good indoor plants.

It's too hot in our place for berries and apples. It would have been nice. you must have a very big place to grow all those in.
No, it's small, and they are quite close together, apart from the rhubarb and one of the apple trees, which are on my allotment.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Anika, the original poster, and the suggestions from members, are from 2014. I would imagine in the past three years the young man has figured out what to plant for his grandmother.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8b
Country
United States
Lettuce is easy grow from seed and grows fast. And it doesn't take up a bunch of space. Zucchini takes less space than pumpkins but they do require some breathing room.

Radishes are almost instant gratification. You can go from seed to edible in as little as 30 days under ideal circumstances.

Peas can be trained to grow vertically on a fence or trellis so they don't take up much space.

Ground cherries/tomatillos apparently grow all over the place but I think the vines and fruit themselves are pretty small. You could let them snake through other, taller plants.

Ask a Question