Artificial Light

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a plant that would do well indoors under florescent office lights without any sunlight? The lights are on from 6AM - 6PM daily.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
From this article:

"The truth is that most plants tagged for indoor and office use do well, especially the foliage plants. In fact, the whitish blue light that fluorescent lights give off is fine for most plants, particularly foliage plants that are good for indoors.

If you have blooming plants you might need more natural light, be sure that your space can provide the right type and amount of light."

To this I would add that a combo meter that measures pH and light might be useful, as would the blue daylight bulbs referred to which are the higher kelvin rating of 5000 as I recall. Personally I hate that color bulb and prefer the lower numbers for what I consider a more natural color of light for office work.

Ask a Question