Artificial grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!! Newbie alert.

Im on a bit of a budget!! But im hoping to put some artificial grass in the garden for my 7 yr who loves sport. We currently have coloured stones and the poor kid is traying to kick his ball and stones are going as far.

Problem is we're a mid terrace with no rear entrance. Garden is uneven and we're on a slope so water runs down through our garden!!

So i was thinking of trying to make up a wooden base that'll sit on top of the stones the put ply and lay the gras on top.

Was wondering is this feasible if so what wood and ply could i use etc

If not any ideas that a not so great diy guy can. I dont think the way they usually lay artificial grass would be feasible as id have to dig ground away to level and carry waste through house plus i think there could be drainage issue

Thanks in advance for any advice and comments

Rhodz

Attachments

• 20180407_162810.jpg
    20180407_162810.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 283
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Welcome to the forum @Rhodri Robinson :)

Personally, I don't think this would work, but then I'm not that knowledgeable on grass laying ....real or artificial ( left that to hubs(y))

Bumping up your post.....someone will drop by soon to advise you I'm sure :)(y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a lot of Stones there. I Got to agree With Upsy Daisy That just would not work. Plastic Grass on Wood Decking Is just Going to Rot And leave a nice home underneath for Mice, Rats and Other Animals you may not want in your garden. I Think you would be wise to remove the Gravel at least, then getting It done by Pros As Plastic grass Stretch's and needs fixing well for kids to play safely

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not me but my brother leveled the ground, removed the sharp stones. Then he laid the sand and put the membrane.

Ask a Question