Are these mushrooms safe to eat?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a bunch of mushrooms popping up (So.California) and was wondering if they're safe to pick and eat???

20200819_092214.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I would not eat any mushrooms growing in your yard. Unless you are an expert on them, they could be very deadly. IMO- not worth the risk.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You can eat mushrooms that grow anywhere but you must be certain of what you are eating. Your life depends on it.

Ad

Advertisements

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It would be helpful if you photographed the end bit of the mushroom inside the soil. If it's bulbous, stay clear. Also, you need to photograph the gill and the apron.

On the whole, don't risk it as this mushroom is not distinctive enough. If it were amythist deceiver, it would be easy to identify. You could google youtube to find out more. Eating mushrooms in the wild could end in multiple organ failure. I remember this news story in which an aunt (probably a Thai woman or someone from that part of the world) ate a wild mushroom and soon after that she died from multiple-organ failure (how painful that must have been). After the inquest, her husband and her niece who went on the trip were holding hands ... Umm..

Ask a Question