Anyone want to share recipes?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Most of us here love to grow vegetables (among other things) and need to do something with them. Anyone have a favorite recipe for anything that they'd care to share?
I love to make toasted baguette slices with chopped fresh tomato, onion, fresh basil chopped, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top. Very simple, great to accompany a pasta dish or a summer salad, and the left-overs go down a treat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
Zucchini lasagna! Use whatever lasagna recipe you like, and sub out the pasta for zucchini.

Im still a fan of garden fresh tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and a balsamic reduction.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Zucchini lasagna! Use whatever lasagna recipe you like, and sub out the pasta for zucchini.

Im still a fan of garden fresh tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and a balsamic reduction.
Do you dry the zucchini at all or just slice it and layer it?

Here is my favorite grilled steak seasoning.
PXL_20210817_131746795_resize_43.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Sure I can share recipes. But I hardly use them, only if its some new cultural /spices I decided to learn about, or baking (bread or cakes) . Been cooking for over 59 years.

Using Zucchini, love making fritters from it. Recently I made some, used 2 large ones up easy, making patties out of them. Shred the zucchini (skin and all). put in a colander add about a tablespoon of salt, I had about 4 cups of zucchini shredded, so salt ratio is your call. ( add no more when continuing). Let sit for about 40 mins, over a bowl, juices drain out, I toss half way through) then pour all the shred into a cheese cloth and wrap and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. You'll never get it all out but when is much less coming out then stop. Put pulp in large bowl, add two eggs, about 3/4 cut rice flour, some garlic powder. mix gently to coat about. Skillet with olive oil on medium, scope with large spoon into skillet using back of spoon flatten out a little and shape some. cook for about 4 mins each side, will get nice and golden brown, little crispy. Serve. I like mayo on top. but butter is fine. BTW taste the raw shredded zucchini for salt, if just right leave alone, if too little add some more. but remember if you do add too much salt it will be squeezed out later.

I am on a few cooking forums on facebook. One I have been active in for over 20 years, prior to facebook we had an online chat room, met lots of nice folks from all over the world, exchanged lots of cooking ideas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Do you follow Brenda Gantte she has a cooking thing on facebook, lives in Alabama .
No. It turns out there is a kitchen boss in my house and it ain't me.

And I left facebook just as it blew up. Its nice to know its out there though.

I sometimes feel weird for not being more facebooky. But beer makes me talky and smart so maybe its for the best.

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a recipe for fruit compote
8oz each of
Redcurrants
Whitecurrants
Blackcurrants
Gooseberries
8oz of cooked rhubarb drained
12oz of sugar
1.4 oz arrowroot for thickening

Method
Put the sugar all the currants and gooseberries in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Mix the arrowroot in a bit of water and add it to the fruit in the pan. When it starts to thicken take it off the heat and pour it into a dish. Let it cool then add the drained rhubarb.

Use it for anything that you want, I put a bit on my porridge for breakfast.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
I just slice the zucchini and layer it. I also subbed cottage cheese for ricotta, it gave it a sweeter taste. I have also tried zucchini ravioli, it didn't work well some opened up.

Zucchini noodles are still a favorite of mine.

Its great using zucchini for low carb recipes! I also like its not so heavy back still packs great flavors. I havent tried zucchini pizza crust yet....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
most of my facebook involves gardening and cooking groups. the general facebook I don't deal with much.
I am also able to connect with local cooks or foodie folks to learn about area "special" food markets or events. Sometime I can connect with folks who want my extra plants etc For me its like a community connection.

Ask a Question