Another good reason to cut your grass regularly..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Next time I take the dogs to the woods, I'll remember my camera. There are some wild orchids there. Maybe you could identify them for me Bootsy.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DSC00003 (2).JPG

Well Bootsy and Snudge (oops, sorry Zigs) Here`s the orchid I found - growing in the bluebell woods on the chalky North Downs.

It is probably a common one - it is much harder to find the spactacular ones these days - like those bee orchids.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, clever ol` Zigs .......so ''Orchis mascula'' then :confused: - not Common spotted (can`t remember the latin) It can be so jolly confusing, not good for my senile dentures :rolleyes:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D

That was a guess, no where near me books at the moment, but common spotted has got lighter purple flowers with spots on em :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well this one had spots too - mostly on the leaves - quite pronounced spots (like Spotty Muldoon) Peter Cook and Dudley Moore .....remember? :D .......must go feed the dogs .......:whistle:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, they both got spotty leaves :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
I think that is a Pugsley's Marsh Orchid Tetters. Maybe wrong but it sure looks like one and if so its a good find as they are the rarest of the mash orchids. Ive found common spotted orchids and The Northern Marsh Orchid & one or two other of the Genus Dactylorhiza (marsh orchids) while out walking but Don't believe I've spotting that one.... Good find(y) what ever it is

Reaction score
Country
United States
You need to mow your grass regularly because most weeds in your grass need to grow tall to produce seeds. If you keep cutting the grass, eventually you will kill the weeds because they can't reproduce and will die. We have found that a length of about 4 inches for grass was the healthiest length. Also be careful not to over water your lawn/grass. It will grow thatch with too much water. Don't ask me how I know!

Ask a Question