Am I Watering My Snap Dragons Enough?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm a beginner gardener and I've been watering my snap dragons every 2-3 days and they're in direct sunlight. I'm trying to figure out if they're just at the end of their life cycle or if I'm not watering them enough. Some of the petals are in full bloom and some petals are dried up. The stems are healthy and green though. I've attached a picture for review. Please let me know, thank you!
GardeningForumQuestion.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Withered spent flowers are a normal occurrence and not a sign of ill health. However to determine if you are irrigating your Snapdragons (Antirrhinum majus cvs.) correctly, examine the plant, soil, container, and even the weight of the container. The soil should partly dry before the next irrigation and the container must drain well. With experience you can begin to judge the water needs of small containers by lifting them and judging their weight.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Withered spent flowers are a normal occurrence and not a sign of ill health. However to determine if you are irrigating your Snapdragons (Antirrhinum majus cvs.) correctly, examine the plant, soil, container, and even the weight of the container. The soil should partly dry before the next irrigation and the container must drain well. With experience you can begin to judge the water needs of small containers by lifting them and judging their weight.
Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome PlumRose.

Watering every 2-3 days has probably washed any nutrients from the soil. I suggest trying them with a liquid feed.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I looked up your product. The NPK is 2-4-2, It is a dilute, but likely effective, balanced 'organic' fertilizer. Use it according to directions.
Even though it is marketed for vegetables, the nutrients are the same for all plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I just purchased Neptune’s Harvest Tomato and Veg it’s a fish compost.

If it's a compost and not a liquid food then it will be slow release. A liquid food is instant. I feed all flowering plants with a tomato/seaweed liquid food throughout the growing season, with the exception of roses.

Ask a Question