Money Tree Dusty Texture, Unclear if Over or Underwatering

cc2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having a weird issue with my money tree. The leaves aren't exactly yellowing or browning but they get this almost 'dust'-like texture, brown in some parts, and droop. The leaves aren't ever in direct sunlight so I know it's not burning. First thought it was overwatering so I let the soil dry out but that didn't resolve the issue. I also tried fertilizing it but that didn't help much either. What do you think this is? Its leaves are falling out and the condition seems to be progressing rapidly so any timely response is much appreciated <3
Thank you!
IMG_8931 2.jpg

IMG_8929 2.jpg
IMG_8930 2.jpg

IMG_8932 2.jpg
IMG_8933 2.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome to the Forums.

The leaves on your Money tree (Pachira glabra or similar) look like they may be infested with spider mites or thrips. Examine the leaves closely using a hand lens if necessary. Apply a horticultural oil to the plant if it is infested.

Right now the damage is only on the older leaves, and it is possible that it is not pest damage. In either case, you might want to dispose of the older, disfigured leaves. Be sure to give your Money tree ample water, bright light (very near a window), and fertilizer so that it can vigorously regrow from this damage.

Ask a Question