Does this count as overwatering?

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I got a small Euphorbia tirucalli (Pencil cactus) from my aunt, and i read online that i have to water it once a week or so. I am planning to place it at my balcony where the sunrises. Problem is, i live in a tropical country, will additional rainwater cause overwatering? assuming i have already watered it before the change in weather. Or should i place it indoors instead? i am also unsure if the temperature here is ideal? it ranges from 22-34°C (71-93F).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As this plant will grow into a small tree, about 5 metres tall or more, I imagine it would be difficult to keep it indoors. I think that if it is planted outside, don't water it if it is raining, but be ready to give it a drink now and then if it is very dry. Treat it much the same as any other Euphorbia.
Welcome to the forum @aml.y :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Pencil Plant (Euphorbia tirucalli) can take frequent water as long as the drainage is excellent. If you do plant it in the ground, do not plant it in clay or in a boggy situation. Instead amend with rocky materials and plant on a mound or raised bed. Of course, you can keep it indoors if you have bright light and room for it. Whatever you do, always take care to not accidentally break a stem, which will cause it to leak a milky latex, which is quite toxic. If you de get any on your skin wash it off immediately. If you get any in your eye go the emergency room.

Ask a Question