Advice with growing Sweet Corn

Reaction score
So about two months ago I planted corn and I was excited because I had never planted corn in all my life as you usually only see corn being grown on farms. It is about four feet tall now and the growth just kind of stopped. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am thinking that maybe it has been too hot as they stopped at four feet and they are kind of starting to die off, and yes I water them. Thank you all for your help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So about two months ago I planted corn and I was excited because I had never planted corn in all my life as you usually only see corn being grown on farms. It is about four feet tall now and the growth just kind of stopped. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am thinking that maybe it has been too hot as they stopped at four feet and they are kind of starting to die off, and yes I water them. Thank you all for your help.
Some varieties only grow to 4 feet others taller. Has your corn tasseled yet or have the little ears started to show? Pics would help

Reaction score
A picture would really be helpful, multiple pix even better. Do you still have the packet from the corn that you planted? If you do take a look at it, you might find some info that can help you.

Reaction score
Ah yes they have tasseled and I just figured it out. Thank you all, I was unaware that some of the corn only grew four feet. I guess next time I should really just do my research a lot better. They have ears already so I suppose I should just let them mature. If it doesn't work out though, I won't be too sad. I am not really a big fan of growing corn, I just wanted to see if I could do it.

Ask a Question