Advice with garden layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I just need some advice on the pathway in my garden, it's very long and separated into 3 sections.. we MIGHT be moving the beds on the left ... If we did and this was all lawn.. we would like to create a curved path, still using woodchip.. however because we have shed to left with slabs, it makes it a little difficult.. I just can't picture how we could make it curved so it adds Interesting otherwise it looks like a corridor to end of the garden, we would need a spot for table & chairs to as well as lawn area for kids

Has anyone successfully managed to do a curved path if so any tips would be appreciated

Pics below

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My first thought would be to chip the entire area and use the pavers to create the curve you want. Sort of what you got already. This is coming from a fruit/veggie gardener that hates grass. I would rather lay chips down once or twice a year than constantly cut grass.

MOD

Reaction score
Country
Australia
You could end the current path at the low gate (using a plant or birdbath to end the view) - turn the path at right angles - and then turn it at right angles again to the back of the property. At the area between the first and second turns establish your 'plaza' of lawn/playground. This would get rid of the long vista to the back of the property.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Once you start to curve the path the adjoining beds have curved edges and then all the fences and other patches start to be curved as well. Pretty soon it looks like a freeform layout. that is great but also the hardest to get right.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You could end the current path at the low gate (using a plant or birdbath to end the view) - turn the path at right angles - and then turn it at right angles again to the back of the property. At the area between the first and second turns establish your 'plaza' of lawn/playground. This would get rid of the long vista to the back of the property.
Thank you for your reply, I am trying to picture this in my head and struggling 😅 I like the idea about a plant by the gate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my path is two off set straight sections joined by an s bend, that works very well, from either end you look down a straight section to a bend with planting around it.

Ask a Question