Basic gardening advice

Oli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!

First time on here and just have a basic question regarding these plants and planters at the school I work in, I've attached pictures...

I just want to know what people would do to these/ what's the correct way to get it all ready for spring and what not! We have various types of plants in the big planters and pots but recently they started to look really dead and horrible, more so now than all of winter, so just want to know what to do really!

The other picture of the large lavender bush is there because it's starting to grow a little too large for the area and I might have to cut it back at some point, but I don't know whether to trim it or cut right back to almost nothing or whatever is the best option.

Thank you to anyone who responds to my very basic and boring gardening questions!

Cheers! (y)

Attachments

• IMG_2703.jpg
    IMG_2703.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2699.jpg
    IMG_2699.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pots do look rather the worse for wear, depending what is in them it might be more productive to start over with a bit of fresh soil.

Lavender you prune as soon as it has finished flowering, you can cut it back really hard so long as there is a bit of a shoot for it to grow from and it should put on some reasonable growth before winter.

Ask a Question