Advice for garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have no gardening experience and I am trying to make this garden better: what do you suggest?

Also i don't understand how so much grass and weeds are growing through the tiles - am i supposed to remove them and lay landscape fabric before relaying the tiles.

The garden currently turns into a very overgrown jungle pretty quickly and i don't know how to control it. Any help would be really appreciated.
garden.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't let the grass go to seed or you will keep having the same problems over and over. Mow the grass on the lowest setting and keep it mowed. Mow every week during the growing season. If you have a weed eater you can use that too to keep the grass short. After keeping the grass short you can, feel in the cracks with play sand to stop the grass from growing.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Quick easy and by far the most fun way would be buy a cheap tiger torch and turn all that grass between the tiles into dust. Then do what oneeye mentioned. It's inevitable that the grass and weeds will at some point keep popping up between the tiles even with sand so a quick grass BBQ every once in a while with the tiger torch will take care of that. You could do that entire area in 5 minutes with the torch.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't let the grass go to seed or you will keep having the same problems over and over. Mow the grass on the lowest setting and keep it mowed. Mow every week during the growing season. If you have a weed eater you can use that too to keep the grass short. After keeping the grass short you can, feel in the cracks with play sand to stop the grass from growing.
thank you!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick easy and by far the most fun way would be buy a cheap tiger torch and turn all that grass between the tiles into dust. Then do what oneeye mentioned. It's inevitable that the grass and weeds will at some point keep popping up between the tiles even with sand so a quick grass BBQ every once in a while with the tiger torch will take care of that. You could do that entire area in 5 minutes with the torch.
thank you!

Ask a Question