A few yard pics

Jed

Reaction score
Absolutely spectacular garden DrCase. It must be such a delight to sit back and enjoy the effort you have put in.
My garden is so far from such a delightful scene having so much ground I barely have time to grow my vegetables let alone to landscape. Well done and thanks for sharing.:)

Reaction score
Very nice garden, I could spend all day there, pruning, watering, relaxing and meditating. I tried to get a garden started in my back yard, a shade garden, all I had in the garden were "Black-Eyed Susan's" and they grew straight up, tall and lanky, I ended up cutting it all down. Going to start over next spring.

Here's what it looked like just before the flowers started to bloom, once they bloomed, the garden just didn't look right.

backyard-progress.jpg

The roses in my front yard are doing quite well ..

my-roses.jpg

Reaction score
DrCase is all that rock that is in your yard was it hauled in or did you collect it from your around your yard? Looks great by the way.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thanks Tmann
the only rocks around here are what the Indians left behind and they are small , but i have piles of them too
I have to go about 20 mi up in the hills to get big rocks
Its easy picking off the sides of county roads
years and years of collecting , I hope to go back this weekend

Reaction score
That's what I love about Spring-time, the gardens, flowers, trees, coming back to life. The only downside is the Carpenter Bees return as well. I have roses that line my sidewalk leading up to my front porch and Carpenter Bees have a nest nearby, so they pretty much surround the porch. However, they are harmless, and they pollinate the flowers, so it's OK. Although, this season, I might have to force them to relocate because it's so many of them that it becomes a nuisance. The second image below is a picture I took last Spring and when walking towards my front door, the Bees are swarming.

Front-Yard-3.jpg

Sidewalk.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, small, young plants, how I love them! I hope that soon I'll see some of them in my garden too. Today we had the first sunny day and the snow is melting fast. Who knows, maybe I'll also have pictures of spring to share:D
DrCase, this bridge in the last picture looks really pretty!:)

Reaction score
The first flower is what i used for my avatar it wasn't my first choice but its hard for me to make things that small
Its the first bloom off one of my peonies
I liked it because it looks like a face
IMG_3137.jpg

I'm new to Lotus the plants started bare root this year, the leaves aren't great but i had a few blooms
IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

Wow ,that pond with the lotus plants is beautiful. I admire people who can grow water plants because water plants seem exotic, fancy and difficult to me. I'm intimidated by water plants and wouldn't attempt them.
It's moot anyway because I'm apartment hunting and won't have a yard much longer anyway.
Thanks for sharing all your lovely photos. Your progress with this garden is impressive.

Ask a Question