image.jpg
dahlias
image.jpg
image.jpg
clematis: nelly mosier and jackanii
image.jpg
second blooming of the phlox bed
image.jpg
beebalm is about finished, but a hummingbird was around yesterday taking a look. Purple variety in front and a red variety in background.
image.jpg
What do you have blooming?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 412

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice Jewell :) I'm mainly a veg grower, but I let a few self seeded plants grow in amongst it.

evening primrose beans.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Are those painted lady beans or another variety? I love the evening primrose. :D Didn't have any flowers on mine this year since they came up in the shade. Maybe next year. I used to be mainly veggies, but the neighbor's fir and sequoia trees planted on the south side of our lot keeps most from doing well. I seem to pull a lot of ferns and some how many of the perennials took over.:rolleyes: Am hoping to get a veggie bed laid out this winter where we took out the diseased hazelnut trees.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They are Painted Lady, good spot :) There's some French beans taking advantage too.

Fir trees are just plain antisocial, next doors are constantly blocking my gutters and robbing the veg patch of water & nutrient, the roots even got inside the main sewer and blocked that :mad:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Jewell, the pictures are stunning, I love that most of your blooms have such delicate, pastel colors, it looks really lovely and dreamy:)
The first picture is my favorite.
Zigs, your plant looks very cheerful and pretty:)

Reaction score
Awesome pictures jewel, your flowers are really beautiful! I wish I had a garden like that, but right now all the space I have is for a couple of pots :( Thanks for sharing the pictures of your awesome garden :) This kind of pictures are a true inspiration for me.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Don't be discouraged Trellum, just figure out how to get the most out of your limited space with pots. Believe it or not the purple clematis is in a pot (5 gallon pot with a folded tomato cage for support). I bought it on sale and haven't dug the place where I want it to go. The dahlias are in individual pots too (3 gallon) with some lily bulbs. I will store them for the winter and replant in the same pots with new soil in the spring. You can have a great garden with pots.
image.jpg
The plants on the front of the shed are green beans (photo taken 7/15) that if you look close you can see they are planted in cheap plastic planters I spray painted white. There is a trellis for support. Don't be afraid to explore pot gardening to its fullest.

Reaction score
Jewel, I love your anemone and dahlias. And your patio is just gorgeous!
My geraniums and salvia are still going strong
HPIM4263.JPG

My asters have just started, but they are putting in a good showing
HPIM4266.JPG

My cosmos are still going strong - I'd never planted them before, and I've discovered that they spread far more than I thought, that they are very aggressive, and that the most aggressive is the white. There used to be pink and purple planted there as well, but the white just smothered them. Luckily my bee balm can hold it's own! The bee balm has only just started blooming, but I started it from seed, and it took a great while to really start flourishing. They bees are loving it!
HPIM4268.JPG

My false sunflower and verbena are blooming merrily
HPIM4271.JPG

And my osteospermum and alysum are starting to make a second showing now that it is cooling off.
HPIM4272.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Zigs, I have a love/hate with the neighbors fir trees. Needles are always being tracked into the house and the gutters are blocked after any good wind. The shade and roots are a real veggie garden killer. On the other hand I have a nice woodland garden going now under them and lots of birds do seem to nest in them.

Wow TCPL, nice show! I love the bright red of the salvia and geraniums. My asters died last winter, so it is great seeing yours. I like your false sunflowers to.

The white rock paths look very handy as well as attractive.

Reaction score
Thanks Jewell - this is the first year for our front yard garden, so I wasn't sure what was going to live and thrive, and what wouldn't make it. I also tried to put in plants that would bloom at different times of the growing season. I've got some moving around to do, and a few things that died to replace, but then that's the fun of a garden, isn't it? :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Jewell, your pot garden looks beautiful! I grow my miniature roses in pots too, it's very convenient and this way I can keep them in my bedroom:)
TheCrazyPlantLady, thank you for sharing so many lovely pictures! I really like your cosmos and bee balm.

Reaction score
Lovely photos, Jewell!

I don't have much blossoming at this point. I have just one cleome plant that came up from seed this year and it has about 6 lovely blooms on it. I also noticed yesterday that one of my bee balm plants has a late blossom on it. A straggly snapdragon continues to bloom, as does a rose bush with white/pale peach blossoms. This one will continue to blossom into November, if we have warm enough weather.

Ask a Question