A British author, an old children's book - Can anyone help ID?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No thanks, my back is far too painful for squeezing.

I am sorry to hear that. Hugs... {{Owdboggy}} Hmm...what about... a kiss on the cheek and something sweet from the kitchen? :)

Now if only my stories were as memorable I would be thrilled.

If it helps... Mom always said that that book was "written by someone who really understood that children like to poke dead things with a stick." (It was that little bit of horror that got me. He had bad manners, to be sure, but...:eek: he wants to eat the postman! )

The concept of poking something with a stick to see what it does came up in a different thread recently, and that was why I decided to post this thread! (y)

I do love this forum. :love:

My poor mother. :LOL:

We would spend a week or two every summer with my grandad. One summer, my sister showed me how to hold batteries on the sides of a dead frog's head and make its feet kick. I was awed. Three days later, our parents came to pick us up...and I took my mother traipsing down to the creek to see the "Science."

I knew she wouldn't go if she knew what it really was, so I told her it was a surprise. :whistle: Sadly, it didn't work as well. :(

She was not impressed. :ROFLMAO:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm so pleased that you know what the book is now :D. I hadn't heard of it before, but kept googling for lots of the details to see if I could find a match - I was just about to give up and then found that one which was a close match.

:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
A brilliant find @Ian
girl clapping.gif

Ask a Question