Hello from northern british columbia, canada

Tam

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am looking forward to being apart of this community. My husband and I live in a remote area where we have no neighbors, except the bears, wolves, moose, fox, and many more animals. We live completely off the grid making our own power, wood heat, grow gardens, and hunt. Life is always exciting around here, lots of work to be done to sustain life here.

We have a short growing season as our winters are very long. Growing season is June to mid September. Looking for some great advice on what vegetables grow fast and produce a good crop.

Reaction score
Green Beans, cabbage, peas, chard, beets. I am jealous, that is the way I would like to be, off grid in the wilderness.

Oh and WELCOME!

Reaction score
We like you live in the middle of nowhere, whilst on the edge of a village, we are situated in the middle of the bush, it's wonderful, we are also completely off grid, water from the well and rain catchment, power from solar.

We do have a longer growing season, so that's a bonus, although I am still on a learning curve as to what to plant when.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am looking forward to being apart of this community. My husband and I live in a remote area where we have no neighbors, except the bears, wolves, moose, fox, and many more animals. We live completely off the grid making our own power, wood heat, grow gardens, and hunt. Life is always exciting around here, lots of work to be done to sustain life here.

We have a short growing season as our winters are very long. Growing season is June to mid September. Looking for some great advice on what vegetables grow fast and produce a good crop.

That sounds great! And very exciting. Any pics with wild animals?

Ask a Question