A beautiful succulent

Reaction score
I have a couple of kalanchoe plants in bloom ... they are so beautiful... This is one of the easiest and most rewarding plants to care for.
Do you know of other succulents that flower in abundance... I might want to have a bigger collection of those.
kalanchoe_blossfeldiana_2.jpg

I just realized that if I had thought about this earlier.. these could have made wonderful Christmas gifts as they are in bloom this time of the year..
The hybrids look even better..
kalanchoe_blossfeldiana_1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I love succulents! When I was a child, my grandmother always had chicks and hens growing on the front porch and I was always fascinated with how you could break off a little piece and start a new plant.

Photo_Video_9797750d-7c18-4573-95cf-1fb4679f161e_orig.jpg

Reaction score
I have never heard about this kalanchoe before and those photos are lovely. I particularly like how the leaves grow in step formation and the flowers seem to float above them. I would love to grow these, but I'm very limited because I live in USDA zone 3 and those look too exotic for my humble Canadian weather.

Reaction score
I have never heard about this kalanchoe before and those photos are lovely. I particularly like how the leaves grow in step formation and the flowers seem to float above them. I would love to grow these, but I'm very limited because I live in USDA zone 3 and those look too exotic for my humble Canadian weather.
These need a lot of sunlight but otherwise they are easy to grow. I put them out in the full sun and they look gorgeous.. Somehow they don't seem to bloom so well indoors.. I have one plant with pink flowers indoors and there are very few bunches of flowers in it. I am planning to get a few other colors the oranges and peaches look fabulous.

@ Chanell, I love all succulents.. but i am looking for some flowering ones.. I am going to search the internet for flowering succulents now.. I want some beautiful flowers for my new home.. :) I am planning the plants before I plan the interiors LOL ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm not a big fan of succulents but Maddie, these in the pictures you've posted are gorgeous! I love how colorful they are. They look so cheerful:D

Reaction score
I have a jade plant that has never bloomed.. I just discovered that this plant has flowers too..lol Now I need to discover how to get this plant to bloom.. for me..
5261801193_dfc0ba44bb.jpg

Christmas cacti is another plant that I would love to buy if I can get it here... But it is not available in the nurseries here..
dsc04271.jpg

This picture makes me go into ecstasy... :D

Reaction score
I was going to suggest Christmas cacti. They are truly beautiful. I can't seem to get them to bloom, but I gave one to my son's teacher and she's had it a couple years. Good luck. :)

Reaction score
I had a friend who had a Jade that was 50 years old before it bloomed. The flowers were white and little; in all the years my Grandma had Jades I had never seen one bloom. The Jade and Christmas cactus are two of my favorites.

I have a jade plant that has never bloomed.. I just discovered that this plant has flowers too..lol Now I need to discover how to get this plant to bloom.. for me..
5261801193_dfc0ba44bb.jpg

Christmas cacti is another plant that I would love to buy if I can get it here... But it is not available in the nurseries here..
dsc04271.jpg

This picture makes me go into ecstasy... :D

Reaction score
@ sunflower. I Have read that if you keep your plants in the closet from 6 p m to 6 a m to fake longer night you could trick your plant into blooming quickly. I may have to do this if I have a plant here, longer nights do not happen here. However if your naturally have longer nights your plants may bloom with a little feeding..Oftentimes all the nutrition in potted plants get leeched out with regular watering or depleted as their resources are very limited .regular feeding is a must for healthy flowering.
@ dziomek, wow 50 years and no flowers... I am going to give my plant a good dose of some blooming feed.. and see the results.. hopefully It will bloom sooner than later.

Ask a Question