5 interesting facts about plants

Reaction score
I visited the Redwood Forest and the Redwoods are truly amazing...I could feel their life force all around me. Plants must have feelings, and you can really know it among these behemoth, awesome trees.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe plants have feelings. I had a rubber tree plant that kept acting out. Like it wanted to dye. I told it in anger one day if it didn't get it together I would take a knife to it and cut it up into little bitty pieces. I never had any more problems with that plant. I had been nice to it, feed it and it was ungrateful.

Reaction score
Well, that beats everything I've ever heard...you're lucky that plant didn't hop out of its pot and choke you in the night with its flexible rubber leaves! I'd watch my back if I were you.

Reaction score
You learn something new everyday. That's so interesting that a notch in a tree will stay the same distance from the ground forever no matter how much it grows. I also had no idea George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew cannabis (marijuana) on their plantations.

Reaction score
You learn something new everyday. That's so interesting that a notch in a tree will stay the same distance from the ground forever no matter how much it grows. I also had no idea George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew cannabis (marijuana) on their plantations.
So Thomas Jefferson was attracted to black women and grew pot plants. He sounds like my Uncle Alejandro.

Reaction score
Very interesting, I had no idea George boy used to grow that, lol. Very interesting, if a president or anyone in politics was doing that nowadays he'd be in big trouble :p Just saying. But seriously, very cool facts, thanks a lot for sharing :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Very interesting, I had no idea George boy used to grow that, lol. Very interesting, if a president or anyone in politics was doing that nowadays he'd be in big trouble :p Just saying. But seriously, very cool facts, thanks a lot for sharing :)
Ropes were made from hemp back in those days and they needed a lot of rope. Think about how much rope was on a sailing ship. Not very much THC in it though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Interesting facts but number 3 got me pause and imagined the notch on the tree. I would think as the tree grow the top part will be further up from the notch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
It was informative to learn that bristlecone pine is older than giant redwood.

Ask a Question