31 March 2017 Russian Black Tomato

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://durgan.org/2017/March%202017/31%20March%202017%20Russian%20Black%20Tomato/HTML/ 31 March 2017 Russian Black Tomato
Three Black Russian seedling were transplanted into individual pots. They will be under new type LED lamp in a 22 liter bucket then moved to the greenhouse when it warms up. The LED light is a full spectrum flood lamp from Home Depot cost about 22 dollars. This is my first use of LED’s. The advantage it is cool hence can be used in an enclosed space. A fan is used for some air movement to strengthen stems and to discourage mold.. The plants were started under a damp towel until germination about three days then grown in one pot initially. They will be planted outdoors about 25 of May.

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/vegetables/vegetable-seeds/tomato-seeds/tomato-black-russian-heritage/319TM Information about this tomato.

dsc_5982_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Looks like a winner has been picked. I am growing several black this year about three of each.
Black Krim (Grown every year).
Black from Tula. (Grown previous years). Same as Black Krim.
Black Russian New
Paul Robeson (Grown Previous years) Nice and good producer.
Blue Fruit Tomato New http://www.reimerseeds.com/blue-fruit-tomato.aspx

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Piedmont
Country
United States
Woah the bucket set up is genius.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Woah the bucket set up is genius.
I have three buckets running now. I ordered thinner fans for the bottom. I am astonished at the growth with the light, whatever wavelengths are involved. They are perfect for bringing seedlings up to strength before planting out doors.

What do you do with all the different tomatoes you grow?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Piedmont
Country
United States
I have three buckets running now. I ordered thinner fans for the bottom. I am astonished at the growth with the light, whatever wavelengths are involved. They are perfect for bringing seedlings up to strength before planting out doors.

What do you do with all the different tomatoes you grow?

Um. I'm pretty lame. I bought them at the store than brought them home and planted them.

Ask a Question