???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can anybody tell me why this is happening?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20210722_184259.jpg
    20210722_184259.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 48
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Bert :) It would be really helpful if you could go back to your profile, and write in which county you are in as an update please.
If you are anywhere near us in Kent, it has been really really hot and dry. Sometimes with these conditions a tree or shrub will simply drop all it's leaves in order to save itself. It happened to a holly tree here and it seemed like it dropped all of it's leaves over a couple of days. Just today whilst out on the tractor mower I noticed that it was growing some new leaves again, and I thought it had snuffed - popped it's clogs. :happy:
Another reason for your laurel losing leaves could be just the opposite though. If it has been extra wet weather, this could be prone to root rot - these don't like their feet wet all the time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It would help please Bert if you put your location in your avatar box. This allows us to give you an answer taking into account climate/weather etc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Bert :) It would be really helpful if you could go back to your profile, and write in which county you are in as an update please.
If you are anywhere near us in Kent, it has been really really hot and dry. Sometimes with these conditions a tree or shrub will simply drop all it's leaves in order to save itself. It happened to a holly tree here and it seemed like it dropped all of it's leaves over a couple of days. Just today whilst out on the tractor mower I noticed that it was growing some new leaves again, and I thought it had snuffed - popped it's clogs. :happy:
Another reason for your laurel losing leaves could be just the opposite though. If it has been extra wet weather, this could be prone to root rot - these don't like their feet wet all the time.
Thank you, I have 2 of them, the other one is perfectly fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JittyJohnser

Latest Threads