16 September 2021 Removing Garlic skin

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
https://durgan.org/2021/September 2021/16 September 2021 Removing Garlic skin/HTML/ 16 September 2021 Removing Garlic skin
Garlic skin removal. This method works effectively. The press used is available at garage sales. It is stong and effective. I don’t think the press is made now. Garlic to get full benefits need be utilized raw. I use my Champion Juicer to process, but there are probbly other methods of crushing. After crushing the garlic must be left to mi about an hour.
dsc_0008_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Sometimes the roll works most often not. Same applies to all the touted internet methods. I do 50 cloves at a time using the press. It works everytime. One could also use a tortilla press, but slightly more work than the lemon press.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sometimes the roll works most often not. Same applies to all the touted internet methods. I do 50 cloves at a time using the press. It works everytime. One could also use a tortilla press, but slightly more work than the lemon press.
Has always worked for me. But I've never done 50 perfect cloves at a time!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada

8 March 2021 Processing Garlic​

Posted on 03/08/2021 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2021/March 2021/8 March 2021 Garlic Processing/HTML/ 8 March 2021 Processing garlic
Garlic should be ingested raw to obtain maximum benefits. My garden produces about 90 bulbs of superb hard neck. It keeps about 7 months in an open container in the root cellar. Removing the skin is much simplified by this method.
Separate the cloves from the bulbs. Press the cloves in a hand press. This loosens the skins. I process about 10 bulbs in about half an hour. This is about 600 grams a months supply.
Put the cloves through a Champion Juicer. Mix the juice and pulp and let stew for about two hours. This is an important step. Place the mixed garlic in freezer trays. Each compartment is three servings. A serving is ingested by melting in a cup of tea for breakfast. Most of annoying heat is removed by this processing. Pictures delineate the process.
dsc_0067_std.jpg

Ask a Question