16-16-8 Fertilizer

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Chuck, I have no problem finding chicken manure--all I have to do is go out to the coop!:D
It is good to know a name and where to find it locally, if I'm ever asked. We have had requests for our ladies' manure, but we use all they "manufacture". Now I'll be able to point folks in the right direction to get some of the good stuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
United States
Never seen this before and do not know method of production but be careful. It says 1/8-1/16 teaspoon per gallon of water. Quick release nitrogen can really do some damage to roots

For what it's worth, I emailed the local college agri- comm educ extension department, to help me analyze my soil. Or if they might have a soil analysis kit. Curious to see what my soil tells me. I am passing on the quick release stuff. I will take it further action, once I get the soil results back. Should be interesting! Kind of fun research.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
United States
Just wrote an email to someone who studies and wrote a lengthy article on sweet corn and fertilizers. Asked him some questions regarding NPK. Thought maybe he could offer more insight. Article didn't address some of my questions, so maybe he will write back? If anybody is interested on his thoughts I can let you know. I'm not trying to overthink gardening, but information is power.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I work chicken manure in as soon as I can work the soil come spring, I find by building up your soil before planting helps, I don't use any other type of fertilizer in my veggie garden or flower gardens.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
You can soak that pelleted manure to make a liquid feed if you feel it's necessary, or keep it made up "for emergencies," but I can't remember having to.
That poultry manure releases nitrogen in two stages; an early, quick release, to boost depleted soil levels, and a sustained release, to feed plants over months.
Remember, raw numbers of nutrients mean little; it's the AVAILABILITY of these nutrients to your plants which is important.
Many soluble petro-gro chemical fertilisers are in the form of salts, which are really, really bad for the health of your soil, but, as reliance on them grows, great for the manufacturers.

Ask a Question