Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
10 August 2019 New Bread
Posted on August 10, 2019 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2019/August 2019/10 August 2019 New Bread/HTML/10 August 2019 New ad
I grind my flour using red fife wheat and decided to make a simple bread. The dough is flour, baking powder, olive oil, and water. The ball of dough is made into balls of about 50 grams. A ball is slightly more than a slice of typical bread. Cooked for ten minutes in boiling water.The result is a sort of bread with a texture which is pleasant to chew.Motivation is a dislike of commercial bread.
dsc_1928_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
The product is simple to make and has to be an improvement on commercial breads. I tried making various breads over time and most were abject failures. I dislike the baking powder and will experiment trying to eliminate. I seldom eat bread but it has its uses.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried ordinary dumplings with flour and suet ? You can add salt, pepper, or herbs to taste...... and my granny used to make them plain and stick a bit of jam on top for a cheap pudding sometimes (y)

Ask a Question