POTM August 2019 Winner

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulation to @Colin for winning the August 2019 Photo of the Month competition! :D

colin-jpg.56623

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations @Colin (y)

And well done to all who entered (y)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Many thanks everyone for your kind comments which I truly appreciate. I'm amazed to actually win anything and the picture was taken at random before Blackie and Gale attacked the wild flowers; living here on the mountain is very difficult constantly fighting our dire climate; one thing about all the rain is that our gardens always look well watered and the weeds go ballistic; every day I'm out trying to keep on top of the weeds which pop up with remarkable speed whereas seeds I sow and want to grow take forever to show their heads. The exception has been the new wild flower meadow which seemed a bit slow at first then suddenly flowers up to 4' tall; I've never seen anything take off like these wild flowers but they cheered me up no end making all the hard work so worthwhile.

Kind regards, Colin.

Garden_004.JPG

This new meadow was breathtaking in its beauty until Blackie & Gale attacked it; I doubt the flowers will ever stand upright again because they are still being buffeted and rained on; no rain today for a change but still a strong breeze.

Ask a Question