Unique ideas that turned into either beautiful or ugly garden

Reaction score
Is that a toaster? Sometimes I think the things are creative, but sometimes I wonder what was going on in the persons head. Oh well, to each his own.

Reaction score
I noticed that toilet bowls are used as planters quite often - I found so many pictures of them. To be honest, I have no idea why are they so popular - I know I would never put anything like this in my garden. In my opinion it looks horrible, just look at this picture: Probably a plumber or someone who owns a plumbing supply store. Either that or they have an awful lot of bathrooms!

Fig-11.-Toilet-garden.jpg

And this is a complete absurd, I have no words:

ToiletGarden.jpg

I wonder where did they find so many toilet bowls:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Mariam, I often wonder about it too;)

Does anyone here want to have a polka-dotted lawn?:p

beautiful-gardens-manly-12.jpg

In my opinion it looks kind of cute, but I wouldn't want to have a lawn like this in my garden. I prefer to keep things simple:)

Reaction score
Mariam - yes you are right it was a toaster that you saw - thought the garden totally bizarre too, but it was the hot water bottle and the toaster than stood out the most to me :D

Claudine - Although I think the polka dot garden is a really neat idea and actually looks rather nice - I can imagine that it would be quite an ordeal to keep it looking that way, especially as mowing all those dots on a regular basis would be any ones worst nightmare :D

I did however, recently come across some very interesting and rather unique ideas for water features - what do you think of these

Unusual - water feature cheap.jpg

Unusual - water feature piano-4.jpg

Definitely very different don't you think :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To be honest, it's not my cup of tea, I prefer when my garden looks kind of traditional:) But I must say that the piano fountain looks really funny. I wonder if it's still possible to play it, lol. Probably not:p
As for the polka-dotted lawn, yes, mowing it must be a nightmare:p

Reaction score
claudine - Nor mine either - as I too prefer gardens with a more traditional and natural look - but think its a very original idea, for putting an old piano to good use :D and am sure that it would be a talking point, much like this unusual idea for a - Herb Garden

Unusual Kitchen-Herb-Gardens-02.jpg

What you make of this idea ?

Reaction score
I actually love the piano idea. The polka dot yard was cute, but I feel like there is so much wasted space. There could be flowers or edibles there, but there is just mulch and grass. The herb garden above looks classic, but it is not for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gata Montes, I love this herb garden, it looks lovely! Somebody had such a great and simple idea, to use old buckets as planters:) It's easy to make and it's quite decorative. Thank you for the inspiration!

Reaction score
Claudine - Glad you like it - very simple but extremely unique and think it is probably its simplicity, that gives it such appeal, the only thing I'm not sure about is all that crockery 'planted' with the herbs :D

As you like the herb garden what do you think of this idea for around a tree trunk ?

Unusual garden ideas.jpg

I really rather like this idea :)

Reaction score
I am a sucker for fairy homes and such. I love that picture, it is simple and beautiful. I made a cute little fairy home out of twigs and bark. It lasted for over a year, then the little kitten I had knocked it off the flower pot it was in, on the porch. It broke to pieces!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gata Montes, it's a fairy house! I love them, because they're adorable and magical! I wish fairies lived in my garden:D I dream about it! We had a whole thread about fairy gardens here, but I'm not sure if it's still active.

Reaction score
Here are some ''unique'' ideas that didn't turn out that well at all :LOL:

100_9692.jpg

25b87568.jpg

fd956f29.jpg

In the limit between nice and tacky?
3eb3cdc5.jpg

new-uses-clogs-planters_300.jpg

Reaction score
Gata Montes, it's a fairy house! I love them, because they're adorable and magical! I wish fairies lived in my garden:D I dream about it! We had a whole thread about fairy gardens here, but I'm not sure if it's still active.

Yes thats why I liked it too - because it was a fairy house - but thought that this was a particularly cute one.
I too remember the thread we had on fairy gardens, I used to visit it a lot because its absolutely full of beautiful ideas for fairy gardens and as far as I know it is still active :)

Reaction score
This one is actually kinda nice, guys:

suculent-old-chair-flowers1.jpg

Noooot sure I'd give it a try! I wonder wnhy they always pick succulents for this kind of crazy projects? :p I bet is because they're easy to take care for?

Reaction score
Am not sure that I like the look of that chair - its a little too gaudy for my taste :D

Ever wondered what to do with an old bed that is taking up unnecessary room in the house - what do you think of these very novel ideas of what to do with an old bed

strange garden bed-3.jpg

strange bed flower-bed.gif

strange - garden bed planter.jpg

Ask a Question