Unique ideas that turned into either beautiful or ugly garden

Reaction score
When it comes to innovations, gardens will never be left behind. We have tons and tons of different ideas on how to make our garden a beauty. However, there are some of us also that use unique pieces to be turned into a garden. While some of these unique stuff can really be nice and cute and creative, some of them turn into weird looking and, well, for the lack of proper term, ugly.

I am posting pictures of some unique ideas that can be nice, and some that can be not so nice.

FOR CUTE AND NICE:

mobile-bathtub-like-planter-1_5CfIv_24429.jpg

paint_cans_vbots.jpg

THIS ONE LOOKS, WELL, NOT SO PLEASING:

45887.jpg

Reaction score
Ahh, give the potties some credit. They are really clean and the plants look way healthy! I think they look good but alas I might not go seeking out toilets for my yard. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I noticed that toilet bowls are used as planters quite often - I found so many pictures of them. To be honest, I have no idea why are they so popular - I know I would never put anything like this in my garden. In my opinion it looks horrible, just look at this picture:

Fig-11.-Toilet-garden.jpg

And this is a complete absurd, I have no words:

ToiletGarden.jpg

I wonder where did they find so many toilet bowls:p

Reaction score
I like the idea of using toilet bowls instead of assigning them to the dumps. I really like those pictures posted by cookie angel. I have used one in our Apartment garden.. however I hid the tub with other containers making it seem less like toilet bowls. The only problem I see with using washbasin and toilet bowl ( both of which I have used) is that they tend to stain easily and look ugly after a bit especially if they are white as they are here.

Reaction score
You guys are funny! I still have to see other unique ideas that are either horrible or cute.

Paint pails are common to be used in the garden, but the way these pails are designed makes it different from the ordinary ones.

I also love the idea of the tub. It looks neat, especially the one that I posted.

But the toilet bowl?! I do not have to think about that anymore. It will never make it in my garden. LOL.

Reaction score
You guys are funny! I still have to see other unique ideas that are either horrible or cute.

Paint pails are common to be used in the garden, but the way these pails are designed makes it different from the ordinary ones.

I also love the idea of the tub. It looks neat, especially the one that I posted.

But the toilet bowl?! I do not have to think about that anymore. It will never make it in my garden. LOL.

LOL, but we keep talking about them so you keep having to think about them! I saw another post here about "gutter gardens", it was really cool and using palettes.

Reaction score
i'm not far enough into this to say weather it will be beautiful or not, but i guess it will be unique

exteriorsoutdoorsub001.jpg

got two of these from a plastics recycling place. big pvc pipes. 32" dia. and about 4' high. their main purpose, i hope, will be as outdoor subs for my outdoor theater, but if i can get them built like i plan, i'll paint them a terra cotta color and the top section will be a big flower pot.

Reaction score
d0d0484849b69c071961b85e65964bf9.jpg

I think this is both unusual and ugly. Plus one commenter on Pinterest said that vermin and snakes like to live in the cinder block holes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA, I wouldn't like anything like this in my garden:p

Here is another idea: an old ladder and shoes used as a planter - to be honest, I don't find it pretty at all:

old-wooden-ladder-backyard-decorating-ideas-3.jpg

Reaction score
ACSAPA, I wouldn't like anything like this in my garden:p

Here is another idea: an old ladder and shoes used as a planter - to be honest, I don't find it pretty at all:

old-wooden-ladder-backyard-decorating-ideas-3.jpg

That is hideous. Won't the shoes eventually rot from being exposed to the elements? The flowers themselves are the only attractive thing in this picture.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm pretty sure some of these shoes are rotting already - when you look closer at them, you'll notice they have this strange green color:eek:

How do you feel about mailbox planters? In my opinion it's a lovely idea! I've never seen anything like this before, in my country, we have different and smaller mailboxes.

spring.jpg

mailbox-art-tatta.jpg

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't care for the toilets as containers. I understand the point of recycling what we have to reduce the amount of stuff going to the landfills. I had planned to use cinder blocks in my yard for edging, may still use them and watch out for pest in the area I will have them in.

Ask a Question