Unique ideas that turned into either beautiful or ugly garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is a very unique idea:

unique-garden-decor-02.jpg

Somebody decided to grow succulents on a chair, lol:p. To be honest, I don't like it. I'd much rather plant the plants in a nice flowerpot.
I would be scared that somebody may accidentally sit on them!:LOL:

Reaction score
Oh lol, those succulents look so pretty!!!! That's a beautiful decoration, not sure I'd want to do the same, but you gotta admire this persons creativity !

Have you seen this one?

e7d34b568edbb7633b3bd6834da6e23d10.jpg

Reaction score
Some great ideas and some, well, not so much. I think one needs a sense of humor when gardening considering the many things that can go wrong and the many variables involved.

Reaction score
Claudine - like the succulents and the color, but not planted in a chair - like you, I would much rather see them in the ground or in pots, and although I like the color of the plants, I think painting a chair the same color seems to disguise the plants, which would of course, make it just a bit more likely that someone may accidentally sit on them :D

This idea could be very useful to anyone gardening on a budget or if you had run out of plant pots

plant pot sacks.jpg

Think it would look better if the sacks were all the same color though :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, it looks quite funny. Personally, I wouldn't want to keep my plants in plastic bags, it's too messy:p Almost like they started growing there by accident.
How do you feel about these 'flower pots'? To be honest, I really hate them:

shed-tires-with-flowers-036a_thumb7.jpg.jpg

Reaction score
Claudine - would agree with you, those 'flowerpots' look seriously horrible - I'm not keen on seeing car tires in the garden at the best of times, but these ones are really shouting to be seen. Think car tires always look so much better when kept where they belong - on vehicles :D

Reaction score
Okay, I have to admit, this is kind of cute. This person made the toilet into a working fountain so it's a water element and a planter. I don't completely hate it. If someone insists on using a toilet, this isn't too bad.

c6da38174399be2c5873d97e5e0bc061.jpg

This is a very unique decoration. I like the time and effort that was put into it. The cat looking in the bowl is just the right touch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lol, I managed to find a tire planter that looks even worse than those in the last picture:p:

cashel-street.jpg

The person who painted it had chosen the most horrible paint color:eek:

How do you feel about this flowerpot?:

100_8007.JPG

Reaction score
Claudine - lol - you succeeded - those tires are even more horrible and can't even find words to describe just how revolting that paint color is :D and am not liking the look of the plastic chickens either.

Here are some more funny and unique things that people do with car tires

tire planters.jpg

tires hanging.jpg

tire wall planter.jpg

tire planter creative.jpg

tire parrot0.jpg

tire planters funny.jpg

Think some of some of the last ideas where a petty creative way of using car tires in the garden :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, those ideas really are creative, especially tire parrots look very unique, haha:p. I still don't feel tempted to decorate my garden with old tires, but I admit that in some cases it may look rather interesting:)

Reaction score
Call me traditional, but I prefer regular planters:cool: For example, I really love the flowers, but in my opinion they would look so much better if they didn't grow in a car:

2381412445_fb0222b418.jpg
this is definitely something I would not put in my front yard. But I can see being used in a creativity car/flower competition if they ever came up with such a thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, I found something funny:

tumblr_lqcfjjB1BT1qihh0eo1_500.jpg

It's a toy car used as a planter:p If I had a few old toys, I would give them to my friend's children, but it doesn't change the fact that this picture made me smile:)

Reaction score
Haha - I think that person must have had the same idea, of using unwanted household items as planters, as this one -
who obviously didn't want want to throw anything out, including the hot water bottle :D

pots household.jpg

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure some of these shoes are rotting already - when you look closer at them, you'll notice they have this strange green color:eek:

How do you feel about mailbox planters? In my opinion it's a lovely idea! I've never seen anything like this before, in my country, we have different and smaller mailboxes.

spring.jpg

mailbox-art-tatta.jpg
I would love to use this on my rural mailbox. Where could I find this mailbox cover to purchase?
mrsrogo

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums Mary

Ask a Question